chapter 4

Kalianas pov

"kal, why the hell would you want to move back in here I mean, evil murderous parents, a fake home that was based on lies, a pack that turned against you and not to forget ma-" I stopped him half way and sighed. "yeah I get it ok this place was horrible, it is horrible. And even though there have been a lot of bad moments here over the course of lifetimes we could change that".

"i want to completely change this place instead of it reminding me of really bad things from the past, I could build a bigger family here with you guys and give other werewolf's a home and a place to call home" kris groaned and rubbed his hand down his face and to his jaw.

"i don't know" he said looking at the house "i think its a good idea kal, you know I've lived here for a long time and even though there were good times for me. I went through the hard times with you. And I think its a great idea giving this place another meaning other than hell" jess said. "thanks jess".

"ill do whatever my alpha and friend wants to do" Lukas said after a couple more minutes everyone else agreed apart from kris.

"kris what do you say" I asked with a small smile "this place, I just don't get why you would want to live back here again" he sighed and looked down but I saw that there was a slight smile on his face. "but of course I can't say no to my little sister". I smiled and gave him a hug "then its settled" I told everyone.

After I told everyone what the plan was, which was empty all the furniture and everything else out of the house and put it in the back yard so we can see what's for the trash and what we could sell or donate. But after everyone went to the store to buy bags and boxes so we could clear everything, I noticed that Mabel wasn't here. I turned around and saw that one of the houses side doors was slightly ajar. I quickly zoomed up to the door and slowly opened it.

Even though its only been a couple of months that this place has been empty, it looked like years. It was cold and dull like all the life had been sucked out from everything. I could sense the fear and anger, it was intoxicating and overwhelming. It must have always been like this, I guess I just couldn't sense it before.

I wonder if my old room is here. I walked up the stairs and walked down the hall, its weird how this house hadn't really changed that much at all. For some reason I thought after I left, things would have changed visually.

I came to my old bedroom door and opened it, my vision being greeted by complete darkness. I took my phone out and turned the flashlight on and scanned my old room, everything had been trashed. Clothes scattered across the floor. the mirror on the dresser, shattered. My books with torn pages.

It looked like something had exploded in here, like someone had exploded in here. Yet I didn't sense any emotion. No anger, no sadness, no frustration just nothing. I walk dover to the window and opened the thick curtains only to see that the window had been smashed, small shards off glass hanging to the top of the frame ready to fall off with one slight gust of wind.

I turned off my flashlight and looked back into my room seeing everything all put together. As I took a step forward I heard a creak under the floor. Confused I rocked back and forth a couple more times on the spot and then moved a step either side and noticing that there wasn't a single squeak. I couldn't have hidden anything under the floor because its carpeted and has been since the first time I began to live in this house.

I used my foot and kicked away at the shattered glass that was once my window and kneeled down. Screw it I did say I want to change this whole place and rip everything out, may as well start with my carpet. I wrapped my fingers around a loose piece of carpet that wasn't fully secured into the floor and pulled it up. It was almost satisfying, listening to the carpet tare, each strand separating itself from another the edges fraying and curling up. After I ripped a good amount of the carpet away I saw a small hole in the floorboard. It wasn't an uneven hole as if something had chipped away at it, it was a circle neatly cut and big enough to fit a bottle cap down.