chapter 6

Walking down the hall I could sense the anxiety in the air from jess, I could hear the faint thumps of the rest of their hearts. I don't get what they could have found now because Mabel had already rummaged through most boxes and the only main thing that we had found was the maps and photos from over the centuries.

Jess opened the door to the basement and let me walk down first, all the lights on showing off every nook and cranny of the big space.

"do you know what they found?" I asked jess but she simply looked down the basement to where everyone was standing. I quickly walked down and saw Carly, kris and Lukas surrounding Mabel. It was only till I was mere metres away that I heard the light sobs escaping her mouth.

"Mabel?" I quickly walked over and kneeled down to her and wrapped my arms around her

"hey what's wrong?" I still had no idea what was wrong I looked to Kris and he just looked slightly angry but also sympathetic.

"john and Kate are monsters" she said as she finally looked up to meet my eyes and I don't think I have ever seen her this... vulnerable. Ever.

"i know, I know. But what's caused this? Why are you so upset about them now?" I asked as I slowly rubbed circles on her back. She looked to kris and nodded her head in-front of her, he lifted a flashlight that was in his hand facing in-front of us but there wasn't anything there it was just a wall. Mabel lifted her hand and pushed against the wall and then pulled her hadn't back letting the wall slightly pop out. She got her fingers and slowly pulled it out, the brick scraping against the flat concrete ground.

"whats in there?" I asked her and as she pulled it out there was a small metal box which was behind the wall. "when you died, I could never find your bodies. To bury you or have some sort of ongoing memorial" she lifted the box and handed it to me. "me and everyone already know what's inside". Looking at it nervous and unsure as to what was inside, I slowly opened the lid and saw that it was just a bunch of teeth and nails and other small dead bodily things. I picked up the claws and then looked to them.

"they took, trophies?" The small dead things could have been million things the only recognisable objects were the nails and fangs. "they took a piece from each of your past bodies, and to be honest they probably burned everything else". I dropped the nail back in and closed the tin over.

"well lets destroy this too, they've taken a lot from us. And you too, so I want to forget them and erase their trace all together" I sighed and placed the box on the ground while I closed over the wall.

"this house will be nothing but a shell by the end of today. All furniture, wallpaper, carpets and wooden flooring all ripped out and thrown outback, we'll burn everything" I smiled and looked to kris "maybe we can invite some people over to have nice drink around the soon to be bonfire".

"sounds like fun" he said placing his hand on my back.

"but my room and mars's rooms gets left alone, along with the music room and any documents around the house. Everything else, gone".

And everyone went to work all of them separated taking all furniture out first and putting it into the back yard in about an hour the house only had what was on the walls. Then all the picture frames and art work was gone, then the floorings. Things were piling high in the yard, I guess we don't need to burn everything, charity donation?

I walked into the kitchen and saw Mabel sorting out all the documents that everyone had came across. "anything interesting there?" I asked as I walked up to her and kissed her cheek.

"not really just some bills, payouts to schools, shopping, travel and holidays, pack meetings. Nothing that screams 'immortal psychopathic murderer'" she said as she added some more paperwork to different piles.