Love, Sex, and Parachutes

Summary: Spencer owns Decaydance Skydiving and employs many of the bandom boys.

***

“So,” the interviewer begins, “how is Spencer as a boss?”

Brendon glances around, then leans forward. “Is Spencer going to see this?”

The interviewer takes a moment to answer. “We hope to show this documentary somewhere, so yes, Spencer will probably see it.”

Straightening, Brendon raises his voice, no doubt so his co-workers outside the supply-closet-turned-interview-room can hear him. “Spencer James Smith V is an awesome boss. The best!” Then an enormous grin blooms on his face and he nods enthusiastically at the video camera.

***

Joe and Ray are suiting up side by side for their tandems when Brendon suddenly appears next to them.

“I want to join your club,” Brendon grins.

Joe stops what he’s doing to ask, “Our club?”

Nodding, Brendon beams. “Yeah, your club. The Crazy Haired Dude Club! See? I can totally fit in.” Then he runs his fingers through his hair until its standing up at all angles. “I’m a crazy haired dude too!”

“Have you filled out the application?” Ray asks as he pulls his hair back in a ponytail.

“No. I thought I could get in on just my looks.”

“Sorry,” Joe shakes his head, “you’re not that cute.”

Brendon’s bottom lip instantly pops out in a pout.

“Still not cute enough,” Joe says as he tries to tame his hair.

“Don’t I pay you to work?” Spence shouts from the office.

***

“What do I think of Spence as a boss?” Frank repeats the question. “He pays me; that’s always good. And he doesn’t get all pissy when Bob and I-“ a black box appears over Frank’s mouth, censoring him, “bleep around.”

“And Bob is?” the interviewer prompts.

“Oh! He’s my boyfriend. I bleeping hate that word; it sounds so junior high. But lover sounds like I’m only in it for the sex, which is great, yeah, but. You know, Bob’s the guy who bleeping bleeps my bleeping bleep bleep and my bleeping heart. How’s that for an adult term?” Frank asks, giggling in the interview seat.

***

Spence opens the door to the supply closet and instantly slams it shut again. His foot is tapping and his hands are on his cocked hips. Across the room, Jon’s entire face flushes before he turns away.

“You told us to get a bleeping room!” Frank’s voice calls from inside the supply closet.

“Just hurry up!” Spence yells back. “You two go up in 20 minutes!”

***

“Um,” the interviewer refocuses the camera on Bob, who’s sitting in the interview chair silently. “What do you think of Spencer as a boss?”

Bob stares into the lens.

Several awkward moments pass before the interviewer moves on, “What’s it like working with your boyfriend, Frank?”

Still no response from Bob.

Finally, the interviewer reaches for the camera. “Okay, I think we’ve got enough for now.”