If I were stalking you then I'd know your favourite cookie flavour

If I were stalking you then I'd know your favourite cookie flavour (Oatmeal Raisin, by the way)

.:. Rating : R .:.

Summary: Spencer's a video game addict, Jon's kind of an ass, Brendon's in Fall Out Boy and Ryan, uh, well he has a stalker.

Ryan likes the calm of the library. The way nobody feels compelled to start conversation and so just lets the quiet settle. He likes the smell of leather bindings and the soft crunch of crisp paper. He likes the words and the images and emotions they create.

What he doesn’t like is the creepy guy at the other end of the table watching Ryan in what he probably assumes is a discrete way. But really, Ryan has always been very observant so no matter how hard this guy tries to hide his gaze behind a book it’s still not going to work. Especially since he hasn’t turned the page for 10 minutes.

He looks around the table to see if anyone else is looking at him, if it’s some kind of joke. But everybody else is absorbed in their books. Something Ryan wishes he could be.

At first it wasn’t so bad. Kind of endearing really. From what Ryan can see the guy is okay looking with a thick mop of dark hair and equally dark eyes; the book covers the rest of his face. But 20 minutes later it’s lost it’s charm and is starting to get really annoying.

It’s not the first time either. Yesterday, the same thing had happened but the guy had sat a couple more feet further away. Ryan is worried that if he comes back tomorrow creep will end up sat on his lap.

He can’t concentrate knowing this guy is watching his every move, and he really needs to finish this book in time for class tomorrow or he’s dead. So he sighs, closes the book and purposefully doesn’t look in creep’s direction as he rises to his feet, swings his shoulder bag on and strides out of the library. He pretends he doesn’t feel the gaze on his back the whole way.

He doesn’t realise he left his book behind until much later.

- - -

Ryan slams the apartment door behind him and drops his bag to the floor with a heavy sigh. He drags himself through the hallway and out into the living room before continuing into the kitchen and wrenching open the fridge.

‘Hey Ry.’ Spencer calls over his shoulder, not bothering to pause his game. He could tell from the moment the door opened Ryan was in a bad mood so he’s fully expecting a bitch fest at any moment now.

‘That fucking creep was there again.’ Ryan yells as he grabs a carton of orange juice. He tears the top open and brings it to his lips, quickly gulping it down.

‘Stalker guy?’ Spencer replies glancing back over his shoulder again, ‘other people have to drink that Ryan.’

Ryan makes a face, folding the top of the carton back again and replacing it in the fridge. ‘I’ve only seen him twice. It’s just. Weird. And freaky. What if he’s like a crazy axe murderer and he’s chosen me as his next victim.’

Spencer just laughs and Ryan flips him off as he stalks into his room. ‘If I end up dead it’s solely your fault Smith.’

- - -

Ryan throws some ice and some vanilla crap (he should really learn the actual names of the stuff he uses) into a blender and sets it to high before turning around and leaning against the counter, watching Jon serve some woman with a smooth smile.

‘What’s the vanilla crap called again?’ Ryan asks and Jon turns around, this time with a slightly more amused smile.

‘Uh, vanilla crap?’ He says and Ryan raises an eyebrow. ‘Dude, whatever, check the label or something.’