🥀 PAST || 2 🥀

She was walking home thinking about what her classmate Shoto Todoroki had told her and actually put consideration into his advice. 

Maybe next time, you should control your emotions.

She closed her eyes shut and her jaw clenched as she heard his words repeat through her head. She didn't want to be a loner anymore, she didn't want to be an outcast, she didn't want to be a monster, just like her dad always told her she was. 

Mitsuki, no matter how much you don't want to accept it, you will always be a monster, because I am a monster. Therefore, you are one too and you cannot change that. 

Suddenly, Mitsuki let out a single tear shed down her cheek and grabbed onto the straps of her backpack strongly, and kept walking. She heard footsteps and she panicked so much. She tried to wipe away her tears as fast as she could because she hates explaining herself and her emotions. She felt a slightly cold hand on her shoulder and only one thought managed to come across her mind. 

Todoroki? again? 

"Mai?"

"Mai-san is fine"

"Mai-san, is there a reason why you are crying? Is it because of what those boys told you earlier?" 

"No it's not that, I have other reasons but I don't really feel like talking about it." 

"Okay, I understand. I guess we'll be walking together because I've seen you near my neighborhood" 

"Oh..."

The whole walk towards their home was somewhat silent, but silent in a good way, not the awkward kind. The sky was gloom that day. Perfect weather to fit both of their emotions.

"Todoroki...do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"As long as it's not personal"

"Umm.... what exactly is your quirk?"

Todoroki's jaw clenched and he looked like he was about to say something but he hesitated. For some reason, he felt as if he could trust her, but why did he feel this way with someone he had just met? 

"Half-cold, Half-hot. It means that I can use fire and ice with my left and right side but due to other reasons, I only use my Ice side."

"How com-"

"Please don't ask"

"O-Oh sorry..."

Todoroki looked to the side and asked "Now, your turn. What exactly is your quirk?"

"Oh my quirk is-"

Suddenly, Mitsuki's dad came approaching them and she gasped in horror because she somewhat knew what to expect already. 

"D-dad it's not what it looks like, he's just a classmate!"

"MITSUKI! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH THE SON OF ENDEAVOR!?"

Mitsuki shockingly gasped at her fathers words. She knew exactly how much he hated heroes and since Todoroki was the son of a hero, she could tell her father would not be too fond of him. She turned around to look at Todoroki. 

"Is it true?"

Todoroki just stood there looking at her in a surprised way. 

How did she not know I was the son of Endeavor?

Before he could say anything, Mitsuki's father grabbed her by the wrist almost dragging her away from him while she was crying. She turned around to take one last look at him. He was getting farther and farther away into the distance. His face was filled with sorrow and confusion

"Goodbye, Todoroki..." she whispered, while a single tear escaped from her eyes. 

Damn. I only got to finish 2 chapters during the weekend lol I hope you guys are okay with that. Im not sure if i did a good job and I'm sorry if there are any grammatical errors. I also forgot to clear up and mention that the reason the characters in this book don't do anything about Mitsuki's father is because he is a secret villain meaning not many people know about him and police are not able to detect the villain of his crime scenes because he does it in SECRET. anyways, that all for now. See ya'll later.

-Author-Chan