Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The search for fugitive Jonathan Frank came to an end this week when the suspect was found dead in the neighborhood of Musrara, at the apartment of reputed forger Marvin Keating. Mr. Keating, who was not home at the time, is being held by Swiss authorities on an unrelated matter. Police have not released an exact cause of death, but unofficial sources have stated it was a suicide.

 - From DIG: The Official Prequel, Inspired by USA Network’s Television Event Series

Embezzler Jonathan Frank Found Dead

Reuters – September 26, 2014 

The search for fugitive Jonathan Frank came to an end this week when the suspect was found dead in the neighborhood of Musrara, at the apartment of reputed forger Marvin Keating. Mr. Keating, who was not home at the time, is being held by Swiss authorities on an unrelated matter. Police have not released an exact cause of death, but unofficial sources have stated it was a suicide. On July 10, 2014, Jonathan Frank, a teller at Bank Leumi, embezzled $25 million and then disappeared from capture, eluding the police for weeks. The public, as well as many media outlets, have conjectured numerous locations where Jonathan Frank might be and his possible link to the cyber terrorist Akula. Despite many sightings of the elusive Frank, the police were only able to catch up to him via an anonymous tip. While none of the stolen money has been recovered, the police are confident they will be able to track it down. “We are determined to make a full recovery of all that was taken and are very close to finding the individual that is harboring this illegal contraband,” states Captain Mika Shorer at the press conference held this morning.

While there continues to be rumblings that Jonathan Frank had ties to the cyber terrorist Akula, the police have yet to find any hard evidence linking the two. In response to the description of Akula as a “tech genius,” Captain Shorer was quick to say that this crime, like all crimes, was done by a criminal. “There is nothing special about Akula, or anyone else that breaks the law. They will be caught and brought to justice. Period.”

---------------------------

FBI MEMORANDUM

From: Swiss Legal Attaché

To: Peter Connelly

Subject: Marvin Keating

Date: September 29, 2014

I have visited Mr. Keating at Champ-Dollon, the prison where he is being held. He has retained a local lawyer, but I was still able to ask him questions. I have shown Mr. Keating photographs of Jonathan Frank and for what it’s worth, he states he doesn’t know him and has never met him. One interesting tidbit: I tracked down the names of many of the sellers of Mr. Keating’s forged paintings. Coincidentally, famed mob lawyer Jerome A. Kulikov represented many of these clients. As Mr. Kulikov currently resides in your jurisdiction, I thought you might want to know. I’m not sure who Mr. Kulikov currently represents, as he has not visited Mr. Keating and Mr. Keating feigned knowledge of him. 

--------------------------- 

ATM Machines Vomit Money in Jerusalem

Jerusalem Gazette – September 29, 2014

Thousands of Jerusalemites went berserk today after Bank of Jerusalem ATM machines all over the city started spitting out money as fast as the excited crowd could grab. Police had to cordon off Yafo Street, and as a result, machines were shut down throughout the city and traffic was gridlocked for hours. Various organizations have claimed responsibility for the flying money, including a public official who joked about income redistribution. Bank of Jerusalem has offered a $50,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators. Is this the work of Akula? Perhaps as a follow up to the missing $25 million?