Chapter 9

Erika's P.O.V

I walked down the halls to go to lunch. The girls always went first, so I would go in and wait for Kage. Until a hand clamped over my mouth and pulled me into a dark room, the door becoming locked as panic began to settle in.

"It's just me" I heard Kage speak, the feeling of relief washed over me. I couldn't help but hit him in the chest for almost making me piss myself.

"Why are we locked in a closet?" I asked, but he just put the keys back in his pocket, ignoring it.

"They don't use it anymore and I stole the keys from the old janitor a year ago" he said, taking a deep breath, "I just wanted to tell you something before you heard it from anyone else"

A million thoughts ran through my mind, overwhelming me instantly as I assumed the worst.

"I talked to Brandon, and he won't be bothering you anymore" He told me as his hands slid down my sides, resting on my hips as I rested mine on his chest.

"Kage I'm confused, why would anyone else by talking about that?" He sighed deeply, looking at the ground a moment before returning his gaze to me.

"Because I hit him.. really hard" My jaw dropped and I immediately smacked his arm.

"I told you not to worry about it! And you still hit him!" I started raising my voice before Kage put his hand over my mouth to quiet me.

"You would've wanted me to if you had heard what he was saying about you" I shook my head and moved his hand, so I could speak.

"Kage when is the violence going to end? When are you going to realize that hitting everyone can't solve your problems?" I didn't like when he got violent because I knew he would defend it no matter what. If I can stop his outbursts then I will try my best to-do so.

Kage looked down at the ground and balled up his fists. None of his actions scared me one bit.

Kage's p.o.v.

I was angry.. Hell I was furious.

she didn't understand why I had to hit him but I did, the things he said he wanted to do to her were disgusting. To top it all off, she wasn't even hearing me out...

Yeah, I was a little angry.

Surprisingly enough I did want to hit her this time- but I wouldn't- I could never hit her.

still, this anger swelled inside me with no way to channel it.

"Move" I said, my raspy voice seething with anger.

"Wha-" was all she got out before I pushed her out of the way and punched the wall where her head once was. I paused for a second and punched again, and again, and again.

Before I could get my next punch in, I could feel Erika's small hands wrap around my bicep to stop me from punching the wall.

"Kage... stop" she spoke, her voice soft and broken. I turned around to face her; my hands landed on her shoulders to keep her in one place as I took in every detail of her.

The way her mouth shaped into a sad frown and the way her eyes seared into me with rage while tears brimmed the corners of them like she was about to cry.

"You wanted to hit me, didn't you?" she asked, her eyes getting sadder by the second.

I nodded and looked down, not wanting to know what her reaction was going to be. She placed her hands on my chest, directly over my heart.

"And now you are calm" She said, making a mental note to herself.

I nodded once again.

"You didn't black out when you hit him, did you?" She asked not looking me in the eyes. I felt like she was finally beginning to see my side of things.

"You were defending me" Erika said, hitting a point of realization.

"Don't defend me ever again okay?" she said, her frown turning into a small smile.

"I'm sorry I can't do that babe" Kage said.

"Wanna bet?" Erika said before pausing and then looking back up at me.

"I've never met someone like you before. You got mad at me... but you won't hit me and when I tell you not to go hitting anyone else, you ignore me" She spoke.

"I didn't ignore you.. I took your words into consideration and then hit him anyway" I explained, my expression turning happier now.

Trust me, I was the proud that I beat the shit out of a wall so i wouldn't hit Erika but I guess you have to hit rock bottom to get better? Hopefully that was my rock bottom and nothing worse.

"I love you Erika..."

"I love you too..."