Part 3, The spawning of Vidanto

"The sapient part of the animal is the part I want to eat, not just the sentient part that knows it's going to be eaten, but the sapient part that has the wisdom to realise I won't let it die for a long time."
-Vidanto, the first sapiovore, eater of the unsuspecting.

"What in magick's name is that?"
"I do not see anything."
"Over there," the youngest of the Sols pointed to a spot in the middle of the circle of oaks, "It looks like an arm coming out of the ground."
"You are imagining things, today we are not creating life, we are taking it, but nothing will happen anywhere near here! Just keep chanting!"

Those were the last words of the Sols' faction head. As the leader had reassured his nervous flock, Vidanto pushed his way out of the ground. And as the sentence finished, the newly spawned Afreet jumped on his back and tore his neck open with his teeth.
For some time there was nothing but blood and incoherent screaming in the grove. Hunger consumed every instinct of the newly spawned demi-god, and his unwitting creators became his first meal. The Afreet looked human, muscular and blond haired. However, there were two clear exceptions form the standard human mold. He had two small scales on each side of his belly, and where his genitalia would have been was nothing but a smooth hairless bump.

Still, on that night, running around naked, howling and covered in viscera, no one would have identified him as anything but a crazed animal.

The spawning of this new Afreet of Ojero marked the start of the age of displacement, the ninth age of Huom. Ojero, one of the chief gods, was the one who had put the spawning in motion. The Sols like many other had been less than patsies in the grand scheme of things. The Afreet was created with a specific mission in mind, to bring about the Darkness. Nevertheless, even with the bloody scene at the oaks near the last Khmur gathering, the god sensed something was wrong. Something of the Light had managed to creep into His creation.

Once there was noting left of the Sols but gnawed bones, Vidanto set of running, not knowing he was heading north. When it came to speed and endurance there was no bipedal creature on this world that could match him. In mere hours he'd covered a distances that would have taken a days with a superhuman effort.

Eventually he slowed down, he would spend the next thousand years walking the length and breadth of Sojurut. Satiating his frustration, unsatisfied lusts, and hunger with other travellers he met on the road, but he also refused to take any part in the Dark duty put upon him by Ojero.