Part 4, The World-snake

"No creature is dumb enough to eat itself."
-Unknown

The third Afreet in the first age of nothing — and the third living being — was created by the second, a black hole. It had one singular purpose to it's existence, a hunger that would murder the first Afreet.

Through the powers of ego and excess, Jörgen-Roland was planted inside a tiny dark void in Huom's mind. Infinitesimally small to begin with, the beast immediately started devouring the braincells of the other demi-god. The rich diet of ingenious rock never made the world-snake any smarter, but it was growing at an exponential rate. As it grew its hunger also increased, gorging itself on brain-matter, it left an ever expanding trail of excrement in its wake.

In time it became more and more difficult for Jörgen-Roland to find a path beneath the crusty layer of mountains that formed Huom's surface. It was look for ways that weren't mostly its own waste. Nevertheless, as the hunger grew evermore severe, the world-snake was left no choice. By the end of the age, it has consumed all but one of Huom's braincells, killing the first demi-god in the process.

This progenitor of all salmon-snakes on Huom, has through the ages swam the darkness inside Huom's crust filled with its own poop. Eyeless as well as practically brainless, it was unaware of the things on the surface, or that there even was a surface.

The hermaphroditic snake couldn't even grasp that in its early tiny days it had created offspring — most of which were eaten — but some escaped trough water filled tunnels all the way to the surface. These salmon-snakes have ever since infested the waters of Huom growing larger the deeper the waters were. They also the only beings on the planet's surface not to evolve from the remaining ingenious rocks after the first Afreet's death.

It wasn't until the age of stupidity that Thaat — the god of Goblyns and swamp-folk — adopted the world-snake as its Afreet and started whispering dank some-things straight into its puny mind.