Part 6, The General Troll

Posted: 31.10.2019

"Saying nothing is good, doing nothing is better."
-The Stonics ideal by the General Troll

The General Troll was the first being to evolve from ingenious rocks. The rocks were what remained of the first Afreet, Huom, the stones of its eye evolved into new life.

The death of Huom the Afreet had ushered in the second age something, and with it came the General Troll. The Trolls' philosophy would later lead them into the third age of solitude.

From hän's own perspective, the General Troll wasn't an Afreet from the start. Since Sidem — the god of Trolls and the father of Hubad philosophy — wasn't around until the third age. However, to a god, linear time was something that only applied to others. As Sidem's demi-god, the General Troll just had to accept what hän couldn't understand.

It was through the creation of its own philosophy, Stonicism, that the General Troll learnt how to create other Trolls. By taking a splinter from hän's own ingenious rock heart and planting it in the sandstone desert. Sitting by the planting ground by night, and bringing various other rocks to the location by day, in time a new Troll rose out of the ground. Loneliness drove hän to create other Trolls, an action the General Troll would later gravely regret.

Having more Trolls around led to the original version of Sojurut's common tongue — what would later be known as Anan — the Trolls called it Trulljanan. Now having language the other Trolls started interpreting Stonicism, something the General Troll was against since it led to doing things. However, hän couldn't stop them because that would mean hän would have to go against hän's own ideals and do something.

Those Trolls who interpreted Stonicism became the first philosophers on Huom. Their ideas would lead to the conflict of thinking that split Stonicism into Hubad and Ystin. That was when things started getting completely out of hand. Not only were the Trolls starting to divide themselves by genders, but Hubad's analytical thinking also led to the Knomes. Just as Ystin's empathic thinking caused some Trolls to evolve into Giants, shedding their rocks and becoming flesh.

Having taken refuge from doing on hän's solitary sand-tone rock, the General Troll foresaw these events. But staying true to hänself had done nothing.

It wasn't until the age of displacement — when the Afreet then calling himself the warden arrived in Zenon — that the General Troll was forced to wake up enough to go against hän's own ideals and give the Trolls one simple order.