Answers

Dinner at the immortal estate!

Should be fun!

❖  ❖  ❖

Bubbles surrounded her as she sunk deeper into the warm, fragranced water.

Her curls settled messily atop her head in a haphazard bun.

Her pink painted toes poked out from the other side of the massive bathtub.

After the earth-shattering moment with her professors, she had gone slightly into shock.

Confusion and excitement tangling up inside until she choked.

She knew what had just happened was far beyond what was socially and morally acceptable.

To be touched that way by three older men.

By her professors.

And yet it felt... right.

As though being in their arms was where she was meant to be.

She hadn't known what to do or what to say.

Dr. Easton had carried her into the grand bathroom where she had changed earlier.

It seemed like so long ago that she was slipping out of her sweater.

Dr. Romano drew her bath while Dr. Drewitt grabbed the bubbles and soaps.

Each brushed against her in some way as they left, leaving her breathless once more.

Now alone, her thoughts swirled and tumbled.

Worries floating around her like the bubbles that drifted through the air.

Reaching up to pop one, she tried to do the same with the confusion consuming her.

For a few moments, she simply soaked.

She did not think, did not try to dissect what had happened.

Enid just floated; her body more relaxed than it had ever been.

When her skin began to prune, she dried off with the snuggly towels in the linen closet.

As she dressed in the oversized sweatpants and sweater they had given her, she caught a glimpse of the fading bruises on her ribs.

For a moment her mind drifted to the bonfire.

The experience with her professors had felt so different from the one with that boy.

They hadn't done anything against her will.

Sure, she wasn't totally prepared for it, but she never felt as though they were forcing her in any way.

The men had had her trust practically from the moment she had met them.

She had just known innately that they would never do anything to bring her harm.

Enid had to roll the waist of the sweatpants a few times before they finally stayed up.

She had decided to go without the drenched underwear she had been wearing.

The sweater smelt of books and ginger and she knew it must be Dr. Romano's.

When she left the steamy bathroom, she found that the hallway was empty.

Following the sound of voices, she padded down the hall toward the stairs.

A short distance from the entrance hall, she found their large kitchen.

Monochrome colors and stainless-steel appliances filled the space.

The three men were spread across the space, each working on a part of dinner.