Lies and Truths

Happy Thursday!

I hope you enjoy!

o      o      o

"Another group already chose that topic, little bird." Dante's response came a few moments later.

Relief and disappointment flooded into her.

"Oh, okay." She said softly, wary of the dark eyes on her.

They had clearly been angered by her topic choice.

An infinitesimal shiver ran down her spine.

Dante nodded before running a hand through his hair.

Stress evident in the terse expression on his face.

"Well, I suppose we should have our discussion." Theodore stated calmly, his arms crossed against his chest, his muscles tight in the sleeves of his button down.

"Let's go to the sitting room. More comfortable." Alexander said, turning toward the doorway.

Dante's hand pressed firmly on the small of her back as they led her through the massive home and into yet another new room.

Enid took in the ornate fireplace and warm chandeliers with lessening surprise.

It seemed every part of this house was filled with luxury.

Settling onto one of the sumptuous couches, she studied the flickering fire to her side.

A hand threaded gently through her hair, turning her head upward in the process.

Theodore's obsidian eyes reflected the flames, flickering and blazing with heat.

His face stony as he studied her expression before it softened.

Leaning down, he pressed his lips firmly to hers, stealing her breath.

"What we are about to tell you may make you a little upset, but we'd like you to keep in mind that everything we do is in your best interest." His eyes locked on hers.

Her heartrate quickened.

"What do you need to tell me?" Her question breathless from the kiss and concern.

Dante settled on the coffee table before her, his knees brushing her own.

Alexander sat beside her on the couch, his fingers lacing with hers.

"Do you remember the contract you signed, darling?" Theodore stood behind her, his hands expertly working out the knots in her shoulders.

"Mhm." She murmured, the sensation of the massage distracting her.

"There were some things in it that I don't think you noticed." Alexander spoke, lifting her hand to press kisses along her fingertips.

"What?" Enid's brows furrowed in confusion.

"There were some clauses. That you became legally bound to when you signed those papers." Theodore's voice was low.

"What sort of clauses?" Enid asked timidly, moving away from the hands distracting her.

"You're going to live here from now on, love." Dante spoke, his green eyes sharp.

"What? Why?" She leaned backward in surprise.

"It's the safest place for you, angel. As our... partner... you're going to have a target on your back. We're not just professors." Alexander spoke, his hand reaching toward her again.

Enid scrambled up from her spot on the couch.

"What do you mean? Not just professors?" She asked, her heart racing.