Part 17

Hadley and I enter the day room together after our ride. A few of the girls look our way but I pay them no attention.

Harriet was sitting at a tea table in the corner with Yasmin and Stella.

Remy, Indiana and Lola were watching YouTube on their iMoves on one of the couches.

Lexi, Olive, Ellie and Genevieve were sitting in a circle on the floor by the window. They seemed like the ones you wouldn't want to mess with. They were discussing things in hushed whispered then sniggering with one another. I had a feeling they were very interested in secrets about everyone else.

Hadley leads me over to sit with her friends, Emma, Freya and Jade. They are chatting happily as we approach at a small table and they seem surprised to see me with Hadley.

Somehow, sitting with these girls and not Harriet and the others felt strange. In a few days I'd already becoming so used to it. Yet it was good to branch out and meet more of the girls here.

Currently, Freya had informed us that Prince Thomas had taken Alex on a date after lunch.

I was also informed after Harriet had mentioned her kiss with the prince that many of the girls were avoiding her.

I had noticed the stares she'd been getting for Genevieve's group. They were awfully obvious about their displeasure.

I felt bad hearing about it and wanted to know if Harriet was alright.
I lean over to whisper to Hadley, "Hey, is it alright if I go check on Harriet?"

Hadley waves me away with a smile, "Sure, go ahead, don't let me stop you."

I stand and make my way over to the corner of the room. I stand in front of the girls as they look up at me.

"Hey." I greet, wanting to make sure I haven't interrupted too much.

Harriet gives me a smile, "Hi Isabelle. Come sit."

"Thanks." I place myself between Yasmin and Stella, opposite Harriet, "How are you?"

I give my friend a small smile as I wait for her response, worried about how she's feeling with everyone talking about her.

"Alright. It seems everyone is talking about me today though." Then she leans towards me, "I suppose they're just jealous."

Stella nods, "I definitely think Gen is. She looks like she's got lasers coming from her eyes and they've been shooting you all morning."

I grin, glad the girls seem alright about it, "I'm sure it's jealousy. You're the envy of everyone here."

Yasmin nudges me, "What about you Izzy? Are you jealous of Harriet's kiss?"

I laugh, leaning in close to the girls, "I mean, maybe just a little. Tell me your ways Harriet."

And the four of us start laughing.

Suddenly there's movement across the room, and I watch as Freya and Emma stand up, looking at our table before heading for the door.

On their way out I hear Freya whisper to Emma, "Amethyst is sure to win the family visit challenge, they have Harriet, and we all know she is the princes favourite."

Emma nodded, "Yeah, it's unfair."

"Let's go somewhere else to work on it." Freya suggested and the two of them exited quickly.

I then look to Harriet with a teasing grin, "Prince's favourite huh."

✿✿✿

We spend most of our time leading up to Friday planning the events for next week. Prince Thomas had been taking each girl on a date, doing something new and original every time.
He made sure he had a date with everyone before the interviews, so we would have something to talk about. Although no one had mentioned having a kiss since Harriet.