Part 34

"Cousin."

Prince Thomas's greeting is a tad harsh and he looks back at me with confusion on his face.

"Thomas, good to see you."

Well this isn't awkward at all.

"Sorry, thanks for the food, I'm just currently freezing and need to get changed first." I say, excusing myself.

I take the pastry plate from Thomas and place it on the desk in my room as Edward invites his cousin in.
Prince Thomas also shoots me a curious glance since I'm wet from head to toe, or maybe it's the fact I'm in Prince Edwards blazer.

I slip off the jacket and go into the closet that's joined to the bathroom, pulling the sliding door closed. I dry off, pulling off my wet shoes and clothes before redressing in a lilac day dress.

I still felt freezing though, being out in the rain having soaked me to the bone.

I hear both the princes muffled voices from outside the room but decide it's best to ignore them. Hopefully they'd sort it out and Thomas wouldn't get any crazy ideas about the situation.

Then I move through the door to the joined bathroom to ring out my hair that's still dripping when I'm stopped by the sight of the room.

I let out a scream, feeling the colour drain from my face quickly. Who the hell had been in here?

"Isabelle!"

"Bells are you ok?"

Instantly I hear Prince Thomas right outside the door, trying the locked handle.

"Thomas, I feel sick...I think I'm going to pass out." I say as I grip the bench behind me in shock and feel my heart rate accelerating. I didn't know whether I'd yelled or whispered because of the increasing ringing in my eyes.

"Isabelle hang in there, I'm coming in."

My vision becomes fuzzy and I don't hear anything else as I collapse.

I'd never been able to stand the sight of blood.

✿✿✿

All I see now is black, my mind searching through the banks of my memory to find out what has happened and where I was.

The rain. So much rain. Juniper. Cold, freezing.

My eyes shoot open but they are forced closed again after coming in contact with insanely bright lights.
I try to sit up but I feel like I'm paralysed.

"Lady Isabelle, can you hear me?"

The unfamiliar voice speaks clearly, like an angel through the darkness.
"Yes." I say, my throat dry, making my voice sound muffled and croaky.

"Good, now try to open your eyes." The lady instructs and I feel encouraged to do as she says, "Slowly."

I get one open first, the bright lights not being so painful and then the other follows.

The room I see around me is bright. The walls and roof all white and sterile. It's small, nothing much on the wall I look at but framed pictures of beach and forest landscapes. So many unfamiliar smells and noises. The scents of ironed sheets and strange medication filled my nose. The sound of a beeping machine makes me look down at myself. I'm in a grey gown, a hospital gown as it appears.

"Wait what?" I say, panicked, seeing the doctor beside me, the machine wires stuck in my right arm and the raised bed that holds me.