Part 40

The package from my friends was wrapped in brown paper with a small string tie holding it closed.
I stood up and put it on a table beside me, unwrapping it quickly as Harriet and Lola stood to see what was inside.

It was quite large and I found 3 smaller packages inside.
I pulled out one that was square and large, seeing it said on the front Abbey, a gift to remind you of your besties.

I took off the brown paper to reveal a picture that was framed. It was one taken on the last day of school, Abbey, Michaela, Ruby and I had all gone down the beach and we splashing about in the waves when the photo was taken.

I loved this picture, it was one of my favourites actually, and it would definitely earn a spot on my bedside table.

Harriet took the picture from me and smiled as Lola looked over at it too, "This is so nice, your friends are amazing."

I nod, "They really are." I take out the second package from the parcel, this one being much smaller.
It said on the top, Ruby, a special something

I again take off the brown paper to reveal a small jewel box, inside being a Pandora charm bracelet with three little gems.
I took it out carefully and slip it on my wrist, looking at each of the charms.

A surfboard charm, for Michaela. A ballet slipper, Ruby and a horse shoe for Abbey.

The bracelet was silver and the charms were all silver to match, going with my outfit perfectly. It was so pretty, I want to wear it all the time.

"That's stunning." Lola said, looking at the charms on my wrist.

"It looks really expensive." Harriet said, slightly concerned, her brows furrowed.

I nod, "It is, Ruby's family is so generous. She loves spoiling people with gifts." I explain and Harriet nods with a pursed lip.

I reach in and pull out the last gift, it's small and extremely light.
Michaela, something to wow that prince of yours ;)

I raise an eyebrow at Michaela's wording as I open the package.
I cringe as I see what's inside.

A pair of lacy, fire engine red lingerie. I poke at the bra, picking it up slowly from the package. This would barely cover my cleavage.
Harriet pulls out the matching underwear, looking at it with wide eyes.

"Don't tell me your actually going to wear that in front of him-"

Harriet was cut off as the doors to the day room opened and Prince Thomas came in quickly.

I ripped the underwear from Harriet and shoved it down under the other package paper, hiding it quickly from the princes view.
As I turned to face the prince I saw Lola and Harriet had gone red, but no way there were as embarrassed as me right now.

Prince Thomas came over to us hurriedly, looking confused and slightly concerned.

"Is something going on?" Thomas asked us as he saw us all waiting for him suspiciously.

"No." We all said at the same time and I quickly pushed the parcel of gifts behind me, well out of his view.
The prince looked between us suspiciously, wondering what we were all acting so strange about, but we kept silent.

"Anyway." The prince brushed it off and looked to me, "I wanted to talk to you for a second Miss Isabelle."

"Ok." I say and motion for him to start talking but he doesn't, just gestures for me to follow him from the room. Harriet and Lola give me curious looks as I follow him from the room. I'm confused too.

Th prince waits until he's shut the door behind us and lead us to a bench in the hall before he starts speaking.
We sit down side by side and he looks to me.