"The Double Date"

After a good twenty minute drive, they arrived at the French restaurant. The restaurant was called "Epicure", a fancy restaurant in Paris, France that was a four dollar sign restaurant according to Google and Yelp. The taxi driver parked in front of the restaurant, waiting for them to exit the vehicle. They all exited the car, but before the taxi driver drove off, Nino payed the driver cash, for driving them there.

    Marinette glanced around the streets and parking lot, "Where's Adrien?" she questioned the two of them.

    Alya chuckled at Marinette's eagerness, as she leaned against Marinette, resting her arm on her bare shoulder. "Don't worry girl, he texted Nino earlier that his bodyguard is driving him here." she responded with a calm voice.

     Marinette smiled and nodded in response. Alya then walked up to the two vast, glass doors, that led to the entrance of the restaurant. "Meanwhile, we should check in so that way, we can be seated immediately." Alya smiled, looking at Nino and Marinette.

    Alya waved the two of them over, once Alya and Nino checked them in, all three of them immediately got seated at a large squared table. Alya and Nino sat across from each other, placing their clothed napkins into their laps as they begun to communicate with each other.

     Marinette sat beside Alya, doing the same. Placing her clothed napkin into her lap. She sighed softly to herself, resting her chin on her palm which was rested on the table. "At this point, I feel like a third wheel." She murmured to herself, feeling inconsolable.

    Seconds after Marinette said that to herself, she heard Adrien's voice greeting Alya and Nino in the background. Marinette excitedly perked her head up, looking up at Adrien, who looked elegant, wearing a grey buttoned up vest, with a white button up shirt underneath and a black tie, that perfectly matched his outfit. He was wearing slim formal black pants, with a pair of beaming, black, dress shoes.

    Marinette's jaw dropped, looking speechless of his appearance. As she mumbled "Adrieeenn..." under her breath. Alya peeked over to Marinette, who looked astounded by Adrien as always. Alya giggled, pushing her hand up against Marinette's chin to close her mouth.

     Adrien chuckled, meeting his eyes with Marinette's. "Hey Marinette!" He exclaimed with excitement. Marinette shook her head, trying to resist spacing off. She stood up from her seat to stand in front of Adrien who was amazed by her appearance as well.

    Marinette chuckled nervously. "Hi Adrien!" she began blushing softly. "You look perfecttt.. I MEAN-.. You look great!" She hesitated, trying to compliment him.

   Adrien grinned at her, "Why thank you! I have to admit, you look stunning this evening." He said gawking her, head to toe. He then extended his hand out in front of her. Marinette smiled widely. "Thank youuu." She blushed, feeling a little puzzled when he extended his hand out to her. She placed her hand onto his, beginning to turn redder than before.

     Adrien bent closer to her hand to kiss it softly. He sat beside Nino, still keeping eye contact with Marinette. Marinette glanced around nervously, feeling intimidated by his deep stare.

   Marinette still flustered, picked up the menu, trying to hide her face while she searched for the beverages in the menu. Soon the waitress walked over to their table, asking what they wanted to drink. Marinette ordered a simple glass of water, while Adrien, Nino, and Alya ordered Virgin Margaritas.

      Adrien wanted to break the awkward silence with Marinette. He then came up with a question to ask her. "What did you do today Marinette?" He asked her with a soft grin while he pushed the menu down from her face. "Uhh.. I thought about you all day! I MEAN- I went to the museum-.. I MEAN-.." She stuttered, whimpering in embarrassment after.

      Both Alya and Nino, looked over at Marinette in confusion, as the whole table became quiet. "Haha-.. Okay?" Adrien's eyes widened, as he replied awkwardly. She chuckled nervously, slowly getting up from her seat. "Heh-.. Heh. I'll be back! I'll be in the restroom." making an excuse she began speed walking away from the table.

    Marinette ran into a stall, locking it before she threw her back against it as she slid down onto the floor. "Oh my gosh! This is a disaster, this is a disaster, this is a disaster!!" She wrapped her arms around her head as she began to cradle herself. Tikki flew outside of Marinette's bag, "Marinette! What are you doing!?" She exclaimed.

"I-I.. don't know, I just can't keep myself together or even speak correctly around him." Marinette responded, her voice muffled. Tikki frowned, "Please, don't let these strong emotions get to you, you know what will happen if you keep this up, don't you?" Tikki asked, panicked. "Yes.. I know, I will become akumatized.." Marinette lifted her head gazing up at Tikki.

   Marinette stood up and unlocked the stall, leaving the restroom to return to the table. Without paying attention, she pulled out her chair, attempting to sit on it, she instead fell onto the ground. "Ow.." She groaned rubbing the top of her head. The others turned to stare down at Marinette again as they gasped.

    Adrien stood up from his chair in shock. He ran over to Marinette. "Marinette, oh my gosh! Are you okay?!" He questioned her with concern, before he grabbed her by the waist pulling her up with him.

    "I-..I'm fine Adrien, don't worry about me." Marinette turned to look away. She was ashamed to make eye contact with Adrien. Alya and Nino frowned in the background, feeling pity about the situation.

     Marinette swiped her hand away from Adrien's and ran off before she started to tear up. Adrien turned, trying to run after Marinette. "Please! Marinette, WAIT!" He stopped, and watched her run off.

   Marinette ran outside of the building, running into a alley. "TIKKI! SPOTS ON!" She yelled, with a shaky voice. "But, Marinette! You can't just-.." Tikki exclaimed, being cut off by Marinette's voice. "Tikki... I SAID SPOTS ON!!"

      After Marinette transformed into Ladybug, she threw her Yo-yo, flinging herself by different buildings. Adrien was able to spot Ladybug, in the distance. He panted, rushing back to Alya and Nino. "I'll be right back, okay guys?" He alerted them before running off and transforming into Cat Noir in a hidden area.

    Cat Noir walked out of the alley, spinning his staff around in a circular motion with his left arm. "Things must be pretty CATastrophic if Ladybug is out this late at night!" He joked to himself before he began following her.

  Ladybug jumped onto one of the tallest buildings, that faced the Eiffel Tower. She sighed wistfully, dropping her Yo-yo carelessly onto the roof, before she sat on the edge of the tall building. She watched her feet dangle off the edge, seeing that she was 500 feet down from the ground. She placed her chin into both her hands, while she gazed at the Eiffel Tower in the distance.