The Baker Challenge

*(Y/n)'s P.O.V.*

"Here we are. Welcome to the New District." Kaku spoke up as we entered a cute little town.

Well... cute in a gothic way. Like the buildings near the port, the structures here were all dark in appearance and design. But, as a plus, the roads were all paved with beautiful cobblestone designs and there were elegant vintage black metal street lamps standing off to the side. The shops all seemed normal just by glancing into their storefront windows.

There was a boutique, a jeweler, a restaurant, a laundry mat, and so much more.

'Noire and I should try exploring this place later...' I hummed to myself.

"The house we set up for you is just down this street here." Kaku continued as the formally dressed group lead us down a branching street.

When we reached the end of it, we stopped in front of a very elegant looking two-story home. It had purple-gray colored bricks with violet-colored molding and painted black framed windows. It was decently sized, not too big but not too small either.

"It's beautiful. What do you think, Noire? Not bad, huh?" I asked, turning to my gothic friend and nudging her with my elbow.

Noire was trying her best to suppress her smile, but she just couldn't.

"...Yeah, it's very pretty..." She mumbled.

"We're glad that you find it acceptable." Kalifa gave the smallest ghost of a smile before approaching me and placing two keys into my hand.

"These are two copies of the house key. If you ever lose one or want another spare, don't hesitate to find one of us at the town hall." She instructed.

I nodded, "Of course. Thank you for everything."

"It was our pleasure, miss." Kaku said with a smile.

"Yeah, a real pleasure~." Jabra grinned as he began walking back down the street.

Kalifa nodded to Noire and me before following after Jabra.

It was only then that I noticed that Lucci was still standing there, staring at me. I held his sharp gaze and not once did he even so much as blink.

"Lucci."

Kaku's voice came out sharp as he gave Lucci a stern look, a frown tugging on his lips.

"Let's go so these nice young ladies can unpack and get settled. I'm sure they're tired after that long ferry ride too."

"Right..." The Lucci guy nodded, turning his back on us and following the others as Noire watched him go with a smile.

'Thank goodness~!'

I rushed to the black painted door and struggled to unlock it, bursting through it and resting against the wall beside the entrance.

"Finally~... I thought that creep's stare would never leave me~." I sighed with relief.

"Creep? (Y/n), you got a total hunk who's interested in you! You should be happy!" Noire pointed out to me, as I folded my arms.

"I'm telling you that I have a bad feeling about that guy, Noire!" I whined, before we fully entered our new home.

I dragged my suitcases into the house and looked around. The smooth walls were painted a very dark purple and the floors were a dark and polished hardwood. The entrance in front of the door was tile and there was a shoe rack to the side, probably to keep from tracking in any dirt.

The main hall stretched all the way to another black door that most likely led to the backyard. Almost immediately on the left was a darkened staircase that led up to the second floor. Further down the hall on the left was an open door that revealed a bathroom. The first large archway opening on the right led into the living room that was completely decorated with black furniture and a large bear-skin(?) rug that was laid before an old-fashioned wood fireplace. And branching from the living room and the second archway on the right side of the hall, I could see the dining room and the kitchen.