Chapter 14

Chapter 14 – Wesley

When I woke up everything was fuzzy for a few minutes. I felt cold and I could tell by the hard floor against my skin that I wasn’t wearing any clothing. My head was throbbing and I felt as if someone had run me over with a truck. I knew that it had to be the effects of the wolfs bane, I wondered for a second if they had given me more in my sleep to make sure I didn’t wake up.

When everything came into focus my suspicions were confirmed. I was naked lying in the middle of a cell in a room filled with many other cells. The walls were concrete, the wall just steel bars to close together to slip through and there was a draft coming from under the large steel door across the room. The cell was too small for me to stand up in so I crawled to the corner and brought my knees into the chest to try and conserve what little warmth I could. I noticed my ankle was covered in dried blood but it didn’t hurt so assumed it healed while I was a sleep.

The room was eerily quiet. There were at least ten other cells all around me but no one was inside them. I could hear people walking by outside every once and a while but no one came inside. I tried to get out of my small cage but bars weren’t budging. I didn’t expect they would but I had to try.

I could feel myself still weak from the drugs but I didn’t want to sleep. I felt like I had been asleep for a lot longer than I thought and I wanted to figure out what was going on. Obviously the hunter’s had captured me, but where was I? Why did they keep me alive? What did they want from me?

Just then two people burst through the door and I instantly tensed. One was a woman. She was tall and thin, she was wearing a red sweater and black pencil skirt under a white lab coat. She had a clipboard in her hand and a frown on her face when she walked in. The other one was man a few centimeters shorter than her. He had on a pair of jeans and a brown button up shirt. He was carrying a syringe in his hands and I could feel myself panicking already.

“I told you you missed the 10:30 injection! He’s awake now,” the woman screeched at the little man and he seemed to shrink away from her.

“I-I’m sorry,” was all he said before she turned from him to me. I didn’t know what to say but I glared daggers at her as she stared back at me.

“Go get the tranquilizer gun and a collar,” she said to the little man without breaking eye contact with me. I saw him run out of the room with my peripheral vision.

“Why am I here?” I asked, my voice coming out gruffer than I had intended.

“I was about to ask you the same thing,” she said tilting her head slightly to the side as if waiting for me to explain.

“I don’t know, you guys are the ones that drugged me and threw me in here, you tell me!” I could feel my wolf stirring and I was two seconds away from shifting but I wanted answers.

“There was a no-kill order placed on you from some people very high up in this operation. No explanation given as to why, so that’s where you come in. What makes you so special,” she glared at me and I glared right back. I had no idea who would have bothered to put a no-kill order on me that was also involved with the enemy. I didn’t know any hunters and I have no idea why one of them wouldn’t want me killed, I didn’t even know they knew who I was.

Just then the small man came back in the room with a large steel collar and something that looked like a gun, but I could tell it wouldn’t shoot bullets.

I tried to get as far back as I could but I was cornered and my wolf knew that too. He was whining inside me, he didn’t want to go back to sleep. I considered shifting but my wolf was already having a hard time and I knew there was nothing he could do right now.