Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Wesley

I don’t know how long I had been in this lab but it had to have been weeks by now. Everything was hazy most of the time, they had injected me with so many needles that my arms were peppered with little holes. I wasn’t healing either. Whatever they were injecting me with kept me weak and sore. When I tried to move on my own my muscles screamed in protest and the one time I managed to get on my feet Kent had brought in a few male attendants to beat the shit out of me. Needless to say I haven’t tried that since. I still had bruises on my body from the attack and it had to have been 2 weeks ago.

He barely fed me and when he did it was humiliating. The attendants always brought me a dog food bowl and tied my hands behind my back so I couldn’t use them. I was always so starving though I took the humiliation and ate. I had to try and keep what little strength I had to stay alive. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of seeing Nick again. I didn’t know if he knew I was here but he had to be worried sick. I hope he was doing ok and not doing anything stupid to try and find me.

I was still determined to escape, I wouldn’t let these assholes take away everything. They striped me of my clothes, my pride, my strength, but they wouldn’t strip me of my determination. I had been planning this entire time, trying to figure out the layout of this facility by listening in on conversations. I knew the main lobby was two floors down and that there was an elevator at the end of the hall next to the stairs. I knew Kent came in everyday at 6pm and left around 2am. They brought me food once every three or four days, it didn’t seem to be on a schedule, and that’s how I was planning to escape.

When Kent thought I was getting too weak and he might accidentally kill me in one of his experiments the attendants would feed me the next day. I had been showing my determination by being stubborn and trying to take everything he threw at me with a stoic expression, but every time he managed to break me. This time he was going to break me like he never has before.

I didn’t feel like sleeping that night, I was too nervous and excited about my plan, but I knew if it was going to work I would have to get as much rest as possible over the next few days. I forced myself to fall asleep that night whispering a goodnight to Nick like I always did.

I woke up when I heard the door being slammed shut.

“Good morning,” Kent said happily as he smiled at me in my cage. He was carrying his morning thermos of blood and a clipboard in his hand, just like always.

“So I was told to hurry up with my experiments, apparently they have more plans for you, so I hope you’re ready to step it up a notch today,” he said while typing away at his computer.

I got worried for a second, the whole point of my plan was that I had to try and build strength. I could only imagine how many needles he was going to stick into me today. I could play this to my advantage though. If he did more to me than usual and I pretended to be a lot weaker than I was maybe he would be more likely to believe me. My goal was to get him to feed me more and stop injecting me with the drug that made it hard to move. If I could do that I would have enough energy to fight off the attendants that took me for a bath every night.

I watched as Kent called for a few attendants to help him take me out of the cage and strap me to the table. I pretended to be limp and I noticed that they didn’t bother injecting me with the drug right away, I hope I could keep this up.

They strapped each of my limbs to another corner of the cold metal table. I was face down. I tried not to flinch against the cold metal that chilled my naked body, if I showed even the slightest ability to move to get up they would inject me with enough of that drug to keep me down for days.