8. at the rooftop.

When I get there there's already investigators from a neighboring station taking pictures. They're seemingly about to pack up and leave. Taehyung is standing a bit away watching the whole ordeal. I walk up to him and silently look at Jungkook. He's on his knees, leaned over the tombstone with his gun in hand. It does indeed look like suicide, and unlike Hoseok it would make sense if he-

"I know what you're thinking, and no, he didn't do it himself," Taehyung says.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Look at the bullet hole. It's in the back of his head. He couldn't possibly have done it on his own."

I take a few steps closer and the hole is situated right at the middle of his head. It could maybe be possible to do it like that if he was very flexible, but why go through the trouble? Someone else must've shot him from behind.

"So the killer strikes again, I guess."

"You mean Namjoon strikes again. I told you it was a bad idea to let him run around freely. Don't you get it? We're next. If we don't stop him he's gonna kill us too."

"Where is he by the way? Shouldn't he be here too?" I ask.

"You really think I'm gonna call in the murderer to look at his own victim? No. He's probably lurking around here somewhere either way."

"We still don't know if he really did it or not."

"No, because he's gotten rid of all the evidence! He's a criminal mastermind for fucks sake! Also isn't this proof enough? Jungkook said he wanted to be next in line and here he is, dead just like the person buried underneath him. Namjoon heard him say that and probably felt bad for him or something."

I guess he has a point unfortunately. Jungkook dying can't be a coincidence. The killer must've heard our conversation and it was only the four of us in that room.

"But what do you suggest we do? We can't arrest him without some kind of evidence," I say.

"I dunno. I guess we-"

The sound of both our phones getting a message interrupts him. We look at each other. Why would we both get a message at the same time? I take out my phone and it's a text from an unknown number.

It is too late. Because you see... I have already won. Meet me at the rooftop. I'll explain everything.

"It's him," Taehyung says. "It has to be."

"So what, we just go there and let him kill us?"

"...Not if we kill him first."

I look at him in disbelief.

"You want us to kill Namjoon?!"

Taehyung grabs onto my shoulders and shakes me a bit.

"He's fucking killed all of our friends and your sister! It's what he deserves! Let's go catch that bastard already."

...

There are no lights on at the station when we get there. I take a moment to study the station. It's situated in a five story house, where it occupies the ground floor. The other floors are filled with offices for some company. It looks empty and frankly a bit scary with the lights out and no one inside. This used to be the place where we laughed and spent time together, but with only three of us left it's hard to believe this was a place of happiness.

"It seems like there's nobody inside," I say.

"Technically he's not inside. He's up on the roof," Taehyung says and shines with a flashlight towards the top of the building. "Did you bring your gun?"