Chapter Four

Andy's POV

I've been living at the Beaumont's castle for just over a week now. I'm staying in one of the spare rooms next to Rye's. During the day he will often just's let's himself into my room, which I have asked him to stop doing but he doesn't seem to care.

The whole time I've been here I've been preparing my mums funeral but Rye won't seem to leave me alone long enough for me to get anything done. He also follows me around the castle constantly. I feel like I don't have any alone time. I'm grateful for his help and his family have been so nice to me but he doesn't seem to have any grasp on personal space which can quickly grow to be quite annoying.

I'm current trying to write my eulogy for my mum's funeral. It's all I have left to do before her funeral in 3 days but it's so hard to do. Every time I try and think of stuff to write I end up breaking down and crying until I'm to exhausted to cry anymore and end up falling to sleep. I just miss her so much.

I look down at the paragraph I've managed to dot down.

My mum Lesley Fowler was one of the most amazingly strong women that I've have ever meet. She is also the most loving mother in existence. Not only did she raise me single handily but she did so while both of us where Omega's living in woods infested by rouge Alphas who wouldn't hesitate to hurt us. Sadly this very such bravery that brought her to her tragic end. She let herself be hurt in order to keep me safe. And for that I can never repay her, the most I can do is try and live a good, happy life and make sure that people remember her for the beautiful soul that she was.

There's nothing wrong with it but I don't feel it's captures anything about who she was as a person, I want to include a story of her but I can't think of the right one. A eulogy should sum up a person's life, their character and passions. I want mine to shed light on just how amazing she was...

I put my notebook down and sigh to myself, I'll come back to it later when I can come up with something better. Maybe I should ask Jack what be thinks I should say. I imagine he would have had to have written a eulogy for his parents so maybe he can help me.

I get up from my desk and make my way out of my room and down the hall of the castle to Jack's room, Hopefully he is here. When I reach his door I knock lightly and wait for a reply. After a few seconds of waiting I hear Jack shout out tell me to come in. I open his door and walk into his room, once I'm in I see Jack sat on his bed with Brooklyn sitting next to him. Rye told me they were dating and it wasn't until I mentioned it to Jack that I found out Rye was lying, they act so much like a couple that their relationship honestly made more sense to me when I though they where together.

"Hey Andy!" Brook smiles at me.

"Hi brook, Jack" I walk over to where they are sat and sit in the end of Jacks bed.

Jack must have noticed something was wrong because he sat up better and asked "What's up? You seem stressed"

"I'm trying to write a eulogy for my mums funeral and I just can't seem to get it right. Every time I try and write something genuinely heartfelt or even just a story about something in the past I end up getting way to emotional and can't get anything down on paper. I don't want to disappoint her with a horrible depiction of her"

Jacks doesn't say anything at first, he just looks at me blankly.

"I remember how difficult it was to write my own parents eulogy's, it's not a fun task. You seem to really love your mum, Tell me about her"

I look at him and brook before replying.

"Are you sure? You two probably don't want to hear me ramble on"

Brooklyn moves closer and sits on jacks lap.

"We don't mind"

"She was amazing. For as long as I can remember it has always been just me and her, my dad died when I was young and for some reason we couldn't keep living where we previously where, I don't know all the details but me and my mum ended up living all over the place from when I was around age 3, we eventually moved to a small cabin in the woods when I was about 6 I don't remember anything from before that so it was never a big deal for me but for my mum it must have been difficult but she never once complained. She was so strong, she taught me to hunt for food, made sure to educate me herself so I would be just as capable as anyone else. She always put my needs first" I raise my hand to wipe some tears that had formed "She was funny to! She loved playing pranks on me. She woke me up one morning to find my entire room filled up with balloons, I don't even know how she got them in the first place. That reminds me, we had this tradition where we would go on a picnic together on each of our birthdays and one year she made this amazing ballon arch for my birthday picnic and we where both sat there eating when it popped, gave us both a heart attack" I laugh at the memory, tears still falling down "She was my best friend, my only friend really. It's hard to make friends when you live in the middle of nowhere"

It's not until I stop talking that I realised how long I've actually been talking for. I look back up at Jack and Brook. Brook is still comfortably sat on Jacks lap while they both look at me with such close attention.

"Sorry, I went on for ages then"

"It's ok. I think found what you should write about for your mums eulogy" Jack smiles softly.

"What?"

"Everything you just said. I feel like I know loads more about who you mum was and how close you where now. Isn't that what you want from a eulogy?"

"Yeah that's exactly what I wanted" I look at him "thank you"

"You're welcome. You should go write it all down before you forget it all!"

"I'll go do it now" I jump up from his bed and make my way to the door, stoping just before I walk out and turning back to them "thank you so much for the help"

A/N:
AAHHH it's been so long! I've missed this fic so much!! I'm back at college tomorrow and this fic is a great way for me to procrastinate so I'll probably post more.

Sorry there's no real randy moments in the chapter, this chapter was more about Andy's grieving process and showing the beginnings of a friendship between Andy, Jack and Brook and so there just wasn't really a good way for me to fit Rye into it. Hope you don't mind tho!

How are people feeling about Jack leaving? I for one was at work when I found out and had to go cry in the toilet for a bit, I confused my poor manager so much... Also what do we feel about Harper?

PS. I was listening to the dynamite ep while writing this and I kept getting distracted and screaming out lyrics...

Xx