Chapter Six

Rye's POV:

My father hasn't stopped asking me about Andy. I've been trying to keep an eye on him for my father but it's hard because Andy doesn't seem to like me following him around very much... can't really blame him.

I've been trying my best though because my fathers been making me and Robbie meet him every few days for 'chats' that's end up being me reporting everything Andy has been doing since the last chat. I can't blame my father though. He doesn't trust him and if I'm being honest I kind of see what he means. I'll admit when I first spoke to my father about Andy the day he first appeared I was very set on letting Andy stay, I was convinced he was a completely innocent and wouldn't have any ill intentions, when I looked at him I just saw how hurt he was and I wanted to protect him but now that I've had time to think about everything I do wonder if letting him stay at the castle was a good idea. I don't think he is some spy or anything, besides even if he was he is so small he couldn't hurt a fly, but I am worried he might try and do something to cause problems for my family. It wouldn't be the first time someone has come to our kingdom and tried to cause issues for us.

Most other kingdoms don't like us because we run things differently to them. Most places have a strict social standards in which omegas are treated like nothing. They're seen as being pretty much worthless by most. They are basically brought up just to be claimed by whatever alpha wants them weather they want it or not. We protect the omegas in our kingdom, we have laws in place to insure their safety. People don't like that about us. Even beta's are treated badly in most kingdoms, they are essentially made to be slaves. Although in our kingdom beta's are in charge of keeping the kingdom running smoothly they are not to be treated like slaves, they have freedom and our respect.

I don't know what it is about us treating the people of our kingdom with basic rights but apparently other kingdoms don't like it and seem to think we need to be killed and/or overthrown.

A few years ago we had an omega come to our kingdom pretending to have left his previous home due to how he was treated there and ask if he could live within our kingdom. My father allowed him to stay with us at the castle and we done our best to help the omega however it turned out he was actually here to help some alphas from his kingdom into the castle and try to attack my mother and father in an attempt to overthrow them. We got lucky and the guards managed to stop them from hurting my family but since then we have been extremely careful with who we let in our kingdom.

I've been keeping an eye on Andy since he got here just to be safe and although I can't monitor him all the time from what I've seen he hasn't cause any trouble yet or done anything we should be concerned about but the risk is still there. Jack and Brook seem to get on with him very well though and the three of them have spent a lot of time together. I trust Jack and Brook enough to think they would notice if Andy was up to anything and that they would inform me and my father.

Speaking of my father, I'm meant to be meeting with him and my brother in his office in about 5 minutes. I'm guessing it's about Andy again but who knows?

My thoughts get cut off when I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in!"

My door opens and I see Kirstie standing there. Although Kirstie technically works for me she is also a good friend of mine. I've known her for a while and it's hard to go everyday seeing someone and not becoming friends with them. She just happens to be a friend that cleans up after me and makes me food...

"Hey, just wanted to remind you that you have a meeting with you dad in like five minutes. You know what he gets like when you are late!" She says standing in the doorway.

"I'm just leaving to go now, thanks for reminding me though"  I jump up off my bed and walk towards the door.

"It's kinda my job. Believe it or not I do actually do my job" she laughed