Chapter eight

I woke up in fright. I was panting, and my clothes stuck to my skin because I was sweating so much. Spasms and shivers wracked my frame, and I swallowed hard to keep the bile rising in my throat from coming out. Ugh... I hated these dreams.

"What's wrong?" his scent made me dizzy when he drew closer, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing." I jumped out of bed. "It's just a nightmare," I mumbled.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked and I glared at him. Yeah right, like I'm talking to him. I could feel his sincerity, but I wasn't sure I was ready to trust him if I ever would. Wait, a minute... of course, I didn't trust him!

"No, I just want to take a shower," I rushed into the bathroom and for a moment I was frozen in shock. It was large, those kinds I admired in magazines. There was a large tub that was built inside the ground. I mean, it didn't get fancier than that. Then there was a compartment made of glass I walked to check out. Sliding open the glass, I looked around, but it was really just a closet-type space. "I wonder what he uses this for," I muttered to myself. It was amazing though, the bathroom was so big you could have a mini party in here. Sliding the door back in place, I stripped and got in the tub. I looked all around for the tap there was... none? Okay, I have a problem.

"Uh... " damn, I didn't know his name. Wow, never quite bothered to ask.

Like I had a chance.

I cracked the door and saw him lying on the bed half-naked. He was wearing a shirt just now. I deny any reports of my smitten expression. I will not be a party to the sick game the Moon goddess plays and calls a mate bond.

It was the light or just probably the fact that he looked so good in bed? He looked up almost immediately.

His hair was covering his eyes partially and his lips were slightly parted and moist like he just licked them.

"Um... How do I turn on the tub?" I peeped with my head sticking out, hiding my naked body behind the door.

"Uh... that might be pretty complicated. Maybe you should just use the shower." he looked up at me with a sly grin. Shower? What shower? There was a shower in there? I was not about to ask, though. He was already looking at me like I was stupid.

"Why? Because I am a dumb woman?"

His eyes narrowed, and the corner of his lips lifted in a smirk. I hated that look more than anything. "Because you are a rogue. You have been living your life in the depths of the forest. I don't think you have seen a lot of bathtubs." Everything he said was absolutely true. While I was aware that the world was changing, I was an outsider looking in. I couldn't show my face in most places, so I took the safety and covering only the woods could offer me. Yet he only made me angry. Hearing it come from those supple lips, ugh. "Or I could join you?"

"Ha ha," I rolled my eyes, trying to ignore the shiver that ran down my spine. "I think I'll manage."

I went back in and shut the door, then I remembered I still don't know his name.

"Give up already?" He smirked when I opened the door again. I rolled my eyes. " I don't know your name."

He smiled, and I froze. Don't get me wrong, everything about him is drop-dead gorgeous. He always looked dangerous, big, buff, and handsome. But this was different. It was... beautiful. He was the kind of guy you see, admire, then turn in the opposite direction, but this smile made him seem more human, more lovable. It was a wow.

"Malik," he replied, snapping me out of my trance.

"OK, thanks," I quickly said and shut the door.

"Okay then, tub, how hard can you be?" I looked for a button, some switch at least, and my eyes landed on a remote.