Chapter ten.

"Why do you even care? Let me go!" I tried to snatch myself away from him, but he was rock steady.

"We are not leaving here until you tell me who you are." we stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. "I know that packs usually have unique characteristics and gifts specific to their packs, but I have never seen a pack that can control how fast they heal or whether they heal or not."

"Well, now you have!" I snapped, yanking my arm away from him. But before I could go any further, he pulled me back.

"Alpha, they are back!" Leonard ran into the room. He smirked a bit when he saw the position we were in, as if we were slow dancing.

I do not understand why he would be happy about that.

"How many of them?" Malik's voice was curt and sharp. But I could feel him tense against me.

"Only about six and four are seriously injured. They might not make it till the night."

I looked up at his face. There was no emotion. It was like he didn't care, but it was shocking because I felt distressed and I knew it wasn't my emotion. It was unusual, yet there was this relief. A sweet settling in my belly. That only I knew how he truly felt.

"Is she there?" He asked.

"Yes! The healers are trying their hardest to save the pup, at least."

His breathing halted, and like a dog whose ears would perk up when it was curious, I looked up at him. Who the hell is this she? His lover? Oh my gosh, this little cheat!

He released me immediately and ran with Leonard, and I followed behind. Hey, a chance at freedom and well to meet this 'she'.

When I stepped outside the mansion, it felt as if I was experiencing things afresh, the sun, breeze, and nature. But the entire pack was up and about moving around. Everyone was excited and anxious, and I was assuming it was because of the news.

"Alpha, in here she is asking for you."

I ran to follow but stopped in my tracks. This was my chance to escape. Nobody was paying attention. Who cared about her? I hated him and I didn't care if he had a lover. I'm out of here.

I ran to the place of the bonfire because the ashes were still there and I looked around to see if I could recognize where they kept us earlier. That must be where she should be, right?

I walked towards the bushes, and what do you know, I found it.

"Aria?" I yelled "Aria!"

"Iris?" a soft voice came back. "In here," it was the fourth cell, and I did not have any ideas on how to open the cage. The prison? Holding a cell? Whatever it was, they made the door of concrete and steel. I couldn't do this the way I would have preferred. I would have to use it.

"Aria, move back and close your eyes."

"What? why?"

" I would rather you didn't see this."

"What?"

"Please, just do it."

I took a deep breath. On a normal day, I wouldn't have done this, but in desperate times. I said the words just as I knew and as expected; the metal tumbled against itself, and the sound of the metal bending and stretching became so loud I was afraid it would attract someone. I took a deep breath and pushed the air around me away. No air, no sound, right? Eventually, it squeezed, looking like I took a paper and crumpled it in my grip, and flew away from its hinges.

"Damn!" Aria yelled. "What the hell just happened?" She asked as I panted, sucking in the air greedily when I took away the small vacuum I created.

"Oh my gosh, Aria!" I exclaimed when I saw her. She looked like a ghost, her pale skin paler and her eyes sunken. "What the hell happened to you?"