Chapter Twenty seven

For a moment, neither of us said a thing. He was waiting for me to react or do something, but I just stared at him, my fluttering eyes opening and shutting.

I sucked my teeth and tilted my head while I thought about it. There was no way. If he was Lycan, that meant he was centuries older than I was. It just made no sense. No sense at all. "There is no way you are the Lycan, the origin of our kind? Oh, come on."

He just sat there with that annoyingly blank look that I hated looking at me. His deep blue eyes revealed nothing at all. It was totally unnerving and unfair. Who does this?

"You realize that what you're saying is absolutely crazy, yeah? How can you be Lycan when you're what? The forty-third Lycan? I know about the ZODARKHASA, I have been alive long enough to know your hidden traditions of killing your Alphas?" I walked over to the table he was sitting on and placed my arms on it, leaning over to look him straight in the eyes.

"Can you please explain yourself?"

His eyes narrowed, and I could see they were already getting lighter. How could he be getting angry? If anyone is supposed to get angry, it's me!

"I don't know what else you want me to say." He said blankly.

"What do you mean, there is nothing else to tell me?!" I huffed. My black hair fell to my face. I blew air to push air, but it just fell down back. The next thing I knew, I was against the door. He held me firm and sandwiched me between himself and the door. I felt dizzy from the suddenness of his movement. My wolf was going into overdrive, his scent intoxicating and his sound filled my ears. Sparks erupted where his hands touched my arm and his hand around my waist burned into me.

I was too scared to look into his eyes. I couldn't trust my wolf to not do anything stupid. I tried as hard as I could to block any dirty thoughts at the moment, too flustered to form a wall to block him out.

"Look at me," he commanded. I immediately looked up, ugh stupid wolf.

I stared into his currently bright blue eyes. "I-I don't u-unders-stand what's g-going on, would you just please..." my words trailed off. It was as if I could feel even more power radiating from him. I was sure I was imagining it, but it left me feeling nervous and extremely turned on.

"You don't have to. Just trust me," he said.

My eyes left his briefly when I looked down at the wood flooring. Wasn't that asking too much, wasn't it? "It's hard to think when you're close like this," I sighed, unable to be anything but honest. Against my wolf's pleas and clawing, I tried to push him off. Imprisoning my gaze, he held me steady, flush against his body, and my lips parted instinctively. We stood like that, his dark ocean eyes lulling and pulling me in until I could no longer distinguish if this was the desire for my beast. What am I even saying? I am a beast. A soft gasp escaped my lips at that realization. Was I really the one craving for him like this?

My eyes almost rolled to the back of my head when his hands crawled underneath my shirt, his skin moving against mine. It was simply skin on skin, but the way the other half of my soul. He was my mate, which meant everything he did was heightened for me even with my already heightened senses. The silence was deafening and the tension existing in the space between our eyes had me unable to breathe. His fingers were neither smooth nor rough, yet they felt like silk against my skin. As soft and light as a feather. Then his index or middle finger left a long, lingering kiss along my sagittal plane. Eventually, he stopped when he reached for the fabric of my bra, and the tension around my chest was gone.

I gasped, looking at him with surprise. "W-what a-a-are y-you do," he sunk his teeth into the mark on my neck yet again remarking me. And a gasped, throwing my head back, as far back as the wall behind me allowed. That was it, all it took for my wolf to rein me in and take control. I let out a moan, wrapping my arms around his neck as I pushed my fingers into the luscious silk of his obsidian hair.