Chapter Four

Alpha King Lancester's POV

They hadn't let me in the room. The Royal Suite was the largest room in the hospital, equipped with medical equipment for every situation, ranging from attacks to a royal birth. Large windows to show off the two views our city had, the sea and then the forest. A bathroom attached to the room and plenty of space, which was mainly for comfort, but usually the amount of space-related to every single family member wanting to be present during the birth of an Heir.

The doctors were already in the room when I arrived, waiting and ready with a range of equipment that I wasn't familiar with. I had gently placed her down on the large double bed, letting her small body sink into the soft, fluffy mattress, her head being cradled by the feather pillows.

"Alpha King, we must ask you to leave the room." The doctor spoke out, 

I let out a low, threatening snarl. Letting the doctor know of my answer.

He sighed, "Alpha King, we can't let you in here as we work, it's a danger to us. You've just met your mate, you know how wolves act when they first meet their mate and with all due respect, those feelings are amplified due to your status. We can't have you in the room as we perform surgery,"

His words weren't registering, I had to be removed. I felt a prick in my side, one of the doctors had a large needle in his hand. It was probably filled with the drug that most wolves used on their human mates so they could take them home. I could feel my strength depleting. It wasn't enough to knock me out, just weaken me significantly. The guards that are employed to guard the royal suite pulled me out, gripping my arms and then closing the door behind us. The loud CLICK told me that it was locked. The guards put me up against the wall, resting me on the floor.

I was drowsy, my head was spinning and I couldn't focus on anything in the hallway. It was only when a loud, piercing shriek came out of the room. The sound was followed by a series of sobs and desperate pleas, I could feel my heart speed up, thumping in my chest and making its way up my throat, the freezing of my blood, my insides churning, the bile was already in my mouth.

Suddenly, the weak feeling was gone, replaced by a sudden surge of energy. I launched myself against the door, launching my fist into the door. It didn't break, it was made out of an extremely sturdy wood exactly for this purpose. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY MATE!" I roared, my wolf howling in pain inside my head. "LET ME IN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER!"

I continued banging on the door, yet the screaming didn't stop. The pain in my heart only intensified with each sob and scream that escaped her lips.

My knocking slowed, The tears that were wracking through my body slowing me down. I dropped my hand and banged my head against the door.

"I order you to let me in," I whispered to the guards, my voice hoarse.

They squirmed uncomfortably, "We can't your Highness."

"I. am your. Superior," I choked, letting my Alpha Tone slip into control.

"You've said it yourself Alpha King," One said, "The Luna Queen's word is above your's and her safety is our only priority. You would rip the doctor's apart, and then no one would be left to treat her. You ordered the best doctors to come and treat her, letting you in there and killing them would put the Luna Queen at a larger risk. We just can't risk it."

What they were saying was correct, those doctors had probably been pulling my mate apart in order to heal her. Killing them for hurting her would benefit no one.

I could only watch the clock, my eyes not leaving the ticking hands, my ear right against the door so I could hear any changes within the room. It seemed like hours before the door against be was pushed open. I immediately stood up, letting the doctor walk out of the suite.