one

Reagan's POV

I pulled my hair up into a loose, messy bun and looked back at my unmade bed. There he was asleep, taking up both sides of the mattress.

I turned back towards the sink, refusing to look at my reflection that stood in the mirror across from me. I walked out of the bathroom and made my way down the hall and to the front door.

"Reagan," the sheets from my bed started to ruffle as I reached for the door handle.

I squinted my eyes shut as my arm fell to my side. I turned around and headed back down the hallway to my room. Our room.

"What?" I stopped in the doorway, not allowing myself to go any further.

He rolled onto his back and motioned me over, "Come here."

I hesitated before walking over to him, "What David?"

He smiled dumbly, "Babe, don't be like that," and started to get out from underneath the covers.

I looked down as he walked over to me and jumped when he embraced me.

"I love you," he waited for me to say it back, and when I didn't, he hugged me tighter. "I said I love you, and hug back, would you?" The little patience he had was quickly wearing thin.

"I love you," I gave in.

"Where are you headed?" He released me and took a step back.

I looked up and shrugged, "Work."

He slowly bobbed his head, "When's your shift over?"

I stared at his shirtless body.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

I quickly snapped out of my daze and looked at the alarm clock, it read 9:06 am. I was going to be late, again.

"It won't be that long, like five or so."

"Five or so," he repeated the last part of my response in an irritated tone.

I nodded.

He took a step closer, "How are you getting there? It's too late to catch the bus and be there by nine thirty."

"Yeah, I'm just running behind, I'm just going to take the next bus and be late."

His laugh mocked me, "So if I look outside, I won't see Everleigh in her car?"

I shook my head. I was starting to get worried.

He took a few steps back, looked down and pursed his lips.

I stood there afraid. He was only a few feet away from the window.

"You're a lying bitch." If anything was left from his smile and playfulness, it was gone for good now.

He walked over and grabbed me by the shoulders, "Do you think I'm stupid?" His grip felt like knives, "Huh? Is that what it is?" He laughed and pushed me away.

Tears filled my eyes.

"Tell that skank I said hello." His back faced towards me.

"David, I-" My voice was weak, I couldn't fight him.

He turned back to look at me, "Shut up Reagan, nothing you have to say right now matters."

"But I-" I couldn't hold back the tears now.

His piercing eyes gave me an 'I'm warning you' look.

"I'm sorry."

He yelled in frustration and swung a fist at me.