four

Reagan's POV

I looked around the room and saw everything on the ground, "David," I sighed.

I started picking stuff up from the ground, and then I saw our box. I picked it up and opened it. On top was a picture of me in my prom dress, "No," I tossed the picture aside. That's the night it all happened.

Dates, parties, stupid selfies, "No no no," I mumbled as tears rolled down my cheeks. Each one was like another stab in my chest. He had broken my heart, but I had given him a second chance. Why?

I shut the box and pushed it aside. I zipped up my bag and left the mess in our room. I came down the stairs and saw David passed out on the couch, his beer spilt all over the carpet. I didn't care.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out the door. I got inside my car and texted Everleigh.

me:
hey, can i stay at your place for a few days?

everleigh:
yeah of course!! everything okay?

me:
yeah :)

I pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards Everleigh's house.

• • •

When I got there, Everleigh was standing on her porch waiting for me. I turned the car off, and got out.

"Hey," I shyly waved at her as I opened the door to the back seat and grabbed my bag.

She walked towards me with her arms crossed, "You know I'm always here for you."

I looked away from the car and looked at her.

"I don't know exactly what you've been going through lately, but I'm here for you."

I shut the car door, not taking my eyes off of her, "Ev-"

She hugged me, "You got this."

I hugged her back, and stared out into the darkness, tears filled my eyes. I didn't know what to say, so I hugged her tighter.

She rubbed my back and kept reassuring me about a situation she knew nothing about. She doesn't know how bad it is. She doesn't understand what kind of person he is.

Together, we both walked inside.

"I made some pizza rolls if you want some?" She raised her eyebrows and smiled, tryingxto lighten the mood.

I nodded, "Sure." I took a seat on the couch and set my bag on the floor in front of me.

"Here you go," Everleigh handed me a paper plate with a handful of pizza rolls, "if you'd like more just let me know." She smiled and walked back into the kitchen, "What do you wanna drink?"

"I'll just take some water," I took a bite of a pizza roll, "thank you."

She came in with a bottle of water, "Of course." She took a seat next to me. "After you finish those, I have the bed all made.

I looked at the clock, not realizing how late it was, "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I apologized to Everleigh with my mouth full.

She shook her head and rubbed my back like she did outside, "No no no, it's alright," she smiled, "no rush, take your time."

I felt bad, but I continued to eat my pizza rolls.

"I'll take your stuff upstairs," Everleigh grabbed my bag.

I looked up at her and tilted my head towards the right, "Ev, you don't have to do that."

She swung it over her shoulder and continued towards the stairs, "I'm your bestfriend, I'm here for you during your highs and lows, and right now is a low, so I'm going to take care of you until you're happy again." With that, she went up the stairs.

this is ridiculously short but i haven't updated since FEBRUARY, omg. i wanted to give you guys something rather than nothing, i promise there is more to come :)

- ab