1.

Before you read I wanted to let you know that this is a sequel to my book "Bestfriends". It's on my profile so you can read that before you read this one. Thanks! :)

__________________________

Mary's POV

It had been four months since they left and I still missed them terribly. They were on their first tour and in a different country last time I heard. I'm happy for them, I really am....but I feel sad.

I miss Nick's sweet and cheerful smile. I miss Howie's cooking. I miss Kevin being overprotective. I know he pretty much denies he's the father of the bunch, but he is. I miss Aj's jokes and witty comments about everything. I miss Brian's..... will everything. His smile, his laughter. I miss the way he used to give hugs.

Not only did I miss Brian. I miss him more than my own boyfriend. But how? I thought I was over him. He's my best friend.

So why do I feel like this? Why am I with someone that I don't even love? I mean... I love him, but only as a best friend and brother-sister type of way. So, why am I with him? Wasn't Nick supposed to be the one for me? I thought so before.

Brian was right. I'm only dating Nick so I wouldn't hurt his feelings. I also tried getting over him this way. But it honestly made things worse. Nick doesn't deserve this. Next time I see him, I have to break it off.

Since they left, Danielle moved in to Brian's room. Brian's belongings were in there and I'm sure he wouldn't want them moved. He's had that room since we all first bought this house.

We had three extra empty bedrooms. But Danielle insisted she'd rather be in his room in case she missed him too much she'd be closest to him. But I didn't buy what she was selling. It was selfish and controlling as she is.

She's been driving me crazy. I've never met someone so cruel and even though she's insane, she's talented at keeping tabs on people. If mean girls were real, I'd be Katy and she'd be Regina George.

I used to be close to her. But we haven't been close since she dated Brian. In fact, before they started dating, I told her I liked him and then Brian and I had our first kiss. Two months later and she started dating him. Since then, it's never been the same.

Other than that. I'm excited to see the boys soon again. We'll be back together like the old times and I can't wait.

__________________________

Brian's POV

Until our last show before we go back home, I'm stuck in a tour bus. But I'm with my best friends after all, so it wasn't bad. Unless you sleep across from Aj who tends to snore quite often. He refuses to accept the fact that he does it, but we all know the truth.

Then there's Howie who's been our cook for a while. We don't have an entire kitchen in the tour bus, that would be ridiculous. But he manages to sneak some foods into the small fridge we have so he's able to make a few meals.

Kevin, as always, he keeps us on track like the father he's become in our group. Nick's always pumped up for a show. He makes almost everything fun, and I say almost because he can be dramatic at times, but it's all for laughs I'm sure. Kevin makes sure he behaves during interviews we've had.

It's been amazing touring and having shows but there's been one thing keeping me up late at times. It drives me crazy sometimes and I can't help it.

I've been missing Mary so much. Her smile, her laughter, her way of being. I don't know why I kept thinking about her so much. Shouldn't I be missing Danielle? Of course I should. But I don't.

I shook my head in disgust with myself for a moment.

My gut had a bad feeling about Dani since we left. I don't know. Ever since we left I thought about her in the past.

When we first met she was so sweet. But slowly as we dated she changed. And I didn't know why. What made her so cold towards Mary? She didn't deserve it not one bit.

I was laying inside my bed in the bus, when Nick came in holding a plastic plate with a piece of cake on it. He had a wide smile planted on his face.

"What are you doing here? We're celebrating four months that we've tour before we go back home after the show tomorrow." He sat on the floor waiting for me to answer.

I groaned in frustration from my thoughts.

"Sorry to bother you, your majesty." He joked. "If you don't want your cake, I'll be more than glad to eat it myself." He stood back up.

I chuckled at his response.

Nick's a good guy. He's still dating Mary, and I'm supposed to be his friend and be supportive about his relationship but instead here I am thinking about.....her, which didn't seem right.

"Nick.. something's been bothering me lately and I can't hold it in any longer." I got out my bed and faced him.

"What is it?" He carefully placed the cake on Kevin's bed giving me his full attention.

"It's about Mary..." I hesitated telling him. I didn't want him to get hurt. But I have to.

"And?" He asked waiting.

"I'm in love with her." I blurted. My heart sinked. I finally told somebody.

Nick didn't show emotion. He just stood there like a statue for a second.

"I know." Nick responded.

"You know?" I was confused.

"Every one knows you've been in love with her since our freshman year." He shrugged. "Look man... you have my blessing with Mary."

"I couldn't possibly do that to you Nick, you're dating her."

"It was just a crush. But I've figured out that I do love her.. but as my best friend, my sister from another mother." He joked.

"I'm sorry. For not telling you or anyone before...... and thanks for being understanding." I faced the floor awkwardly.

"Dude... Mary was never mine to have. She was yours. She still is, and yet your'e not with her."

"And listen, I know you're still with Dani, but I think It's time to tell her the truth." He continued.

"So when we go back home don't be scared to see Dani and tell her everything." Nick encouraged giving a small smile.

"I just hope Dani won't take it badly." I felt guilt for a moment. Only because there was a side of her no one else knew... no one but me.

Nick frowned patting me on the back. "It'll be okay, man."

______________________________

Authors note

Hello! I just wanted to say that BSBGirl2020 will be a co-writer in this book. This first chapter was written by her but some of it was also written by me as well.

We'll be taking turns writing chapters so it will be evened out. Some may have her and mine writing combined like this one.

I really hope you enjoyed this first chapter and there's more to come! - 🦋