49.

Selena's POV

AJ and I went to the mall and got dinner. I ordered fries, a burger and chocolate shake. While AJ got onion rings, a burger and vanilla shake. We ate in an awkward silence for a few minutes. I knew something was up and AJ knew that I knew. But I had to end the silence.

"Spill it." I finally said as I bit into a fry.

"The shakes? That's a bit crazy, don't ya think Small Fry?" He joked.

"AJ," I sighed. "I mean it. What are you hiding from me?" I asked.

"Hey, I thought I was your boyfriend for the day." He replied.

"It's night time." I pointed out.

"Night time." He corrected himself.

"You're only doing that to hide something." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Look... it's really not my place to tell you." He shrugged.

I sighed in defeat giving up. I felt hurt that AJ, my own best friend couldn't trust me.

"How's your friend Olivia?" AJ asked.

"I wouldn't know." I answered.

"Why's that?" He asked.

"It's been a while since we talked." I answered.

"Maybe she's busy." He suggested.

"She is and she's been dying to talk to you since I mentioned I was dating Nick. She has a crush on you." I teased him in a very squeaky voice.

"Oh... I get it. That's why you wanted to get close to me. You wanted my dirty secrets." He joked with me.

"Yes." I said giggling.

"Oh... I'm hurt." He joked in a fake sad voice. I laughed in response and then he laughed with me.

"Well I'm having fun." I said.

"Good, I'm glad you are." He replied smiling.

"I wonder if Skylar knows about us... being here as a... dare I say... couple." I responded giggling.

"Brian and Nick probably already told her." He said.

________________________

We had went to the park after dinner and played on the swings and slide but it had gotten late and we decided to go home. AJ opened the door and let me in first before he got in. Howie was sitting on the couch with Kevin and they stared at us.

"Took you long enough." Kevin said.

"Sorry we lost the track of time." I apologized.

"You broke curfew." Howie replied.

"Well we're sorry." I said giggling. I looked back at AJ and smiled. "I had a great time." I said.

"Me too." He replied.

"But I gotta say it... it's over AJ. You and I aren't meant to be." I faked crying.

"Oh my love, my heart is broken but I understand." AJ joked with a fake sad voice. We both laughed while Kevin and Howie stared.

"Goodnight." I whispered hugging AJ.

"Goodnight." AJ repeated hugging back.

"Wait, wait. We need this for The Wall Of Memories." Howie said running to get his camera and returned with it.

"But shouldn't you save it for the trip?" AJ asked.

"It's just one picture. Besides it'll be fun to tease Nick since he's gonna--"

"Howie just take the picture." Kevin demanded cutting him off. AJ held me close as Howie took the picture.

"Perfect." Howie said looking at the picture.

"Okay.. well I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed." I said awkwardly.

"Sleep well and remember we're leaving early." Kevin said as I went upstairs.

________________________

Howie's POV

"Nice save, Kev." AJ snorted as he glared at me.

"What?" I shrugged.

"You know what." AJ groaned. I hung up the picture.

"Nick's gonna propose to Selena and he's trying to keep it a surprise." Kevin whispered.

"If we wanted to spoil it don't worry we'd let you know." AJ snapped.

"I didn't mean to." I said in a defeated voice.

"AJ, Howie would never purposely spoil a surprise. Maybe he had a brain fart or something." Kevin chuckled.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry." AJ sighed.

"I forgive you." I replied smiling.

________________________

Nick's POV

I heard footsteps and looked up. It was Selena. My queen, my heart, my everything. I couldn't help but smile. Her hair was wet and she was wearing a robe.

"Sorry." Selena said in a whisper.

"It's okay. I would've stayed up but Kevin insisted I rest since the big day tomorrow. He wanted to make sure you and AJ got back safely." I said trying to carefully watch my words.

"And yet he says he's not the father of this house." She giggled as she went into the closet to get clothes. She got dressed with my shirt and her favorite coffee PJ pants. We cuddled and before we knew it we were sleeping.