5.

Selena's POV

I woke up and yawned rolling over on my bed. I couldn't get up easily so when I was younger I learned to roll until my feet were on the edge of the bed.

I stood up and stood on the ground. My shoes and socks were right beside my bed. So I went to my closet and grabbed a casual dress. It was purple and blue with stripes.

I got my shoes with a lift on the right shoe. When I was in sophomore year in high school the doctors found out my right leg was shorter than my left. If I continue walking with unbalanced legs I'd get hip replacement surgery. That thought scared me so I wore them constantly. They help keep me balanced and limp less when I walk.

I wanted a bun but I had trouble fixing my hair. I'd ask Mary but I didn't know if she left yet with Devin. I sighed in defeat and wore my scrunchie as a bracelet and went downstairs.

"What smells so good?" I asked heading to the kitchen. "An AJ and Nick special." AJ answered facing me.

"Want some?" Nick asked.

"I'd love some. But I need to find Mary. I need help." I answered looking down embarrassed. I hated asking for help. It made me feel weak.

"Let me help, Small Fry." AJ offered taking it off of me and pulling my hair back.

"Small Fry?" I repeated confused.

"It's a nickname. I like giving everyone nicknames. You are kinda small so I thought it suited you well." AJ chuckled making my hair into a bun.

"I love it. Hey.... thanks for the help. I've never met a guy who could fix hair." I laughed facing him.

"You're welcome Small Fry." AJ replied.

"Need help making your plate?" Nick asked grabbing a glass plate.

"Yeah.... I might make a mess." I giggled making fun of myself. I am not the type to be over sensitive about my disability. It made me feel good to do that. Because I knew dwelling in it would do me no good.

Nick and AJ laughed with me.

"Small Fry, not to be rude or anything but what is right spastic hemiplegia? I know It's a type of cerebral palsy. But I never heard of it." AJ explained.

"It's okay. I'm not offended and you didn't ask rudely." I assured him giving him a hopeful smile.

"It's where my right side doesn't work well like my left. My right hand doesn't move and I limp when I walk because my right leg is shorter than my left. I've already had surgeries on both my right arm and leg. More on the leg than the arm. In fact I only had one surgery on my arm. But I had a surgery on it while on my leg at the same time." I explained in detail.

"Wow, that must've hurt." AJ replied. "It did." I agreed shaking my head yes.

"Here you go." Nick said giving me my plate. It was fried eggs, and pancakes.

"Wow. This looks and smells good." I smiled sitting down at the table and started eating. AJ and Nick joined me and we ate and talked about their music.

Last night Nick told me he was in a band. And I didn't know him so I asked to listen to it soon and we did. It was actually pretty good. They were really cool guys for a band who's slowly getting more and more popular. AJ was really funny and easy to talk to. So was Nick. But he was also cute.

His blue eyes would sparkle. And his laugh was so contagious. I was in awe when I met him. Sure he annoyed me when we first met. But it wasn't his fault. He didn't understand me.

But once we talked more my mind changed about him. I really, really, like him. I had butterflies in my stomach when we talked and when I looked at him. But I'm not good enough for him and I'm not sure he likes me the same way.

_________________________

Brian's POV

I went into the kitchen that smelled delicious. It was probably Howie's cooking but I was wrong. I only saw Nick, AJ and a girl I've never seen before.

"Morning B-Rok." AJ said taking a bite of his pancakes. "Morning to you too Bone." I tiredly answered.

"This is Selena." Nick introduced the girl sitting next to AJ, eating her food. "We all voted for her to move in last night, but you weren't here. She's new in town and needed a place to stay." Nick explained. "So what's your vote?"

"I vote yes." I smiled at her. "I'm Brian." I introduced myself extending my hand for her. "Selena." She shook my hand.

"Hey can we talk out in the yard for a moment?" Nick said to me. "Sure." I replied.

I followed Nick to the backyard leaving AJ and Selena eating.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to let you know that Mary and I aren't together anymore. And I already told you that you have my blessing." Nick said.

"I know and thank you, really." I gave him a side smile.

"Plus... I'm starting to like Selena... a lot." Nick blushed just admitting his feelings.

"So tell her. You never know.... she could feel the same. You can do it." I encouraged.

"Yeah, you're right. I can do it. Just like how I know you can tell Mary you love her."

I licked my lips looking down at the ground.

"I just don't know how to. I don't get it. Why is it so hard?" I looked up at him.

"Look man, I know you can do it. She loves you back and you know it too. I'll even set you guys up, with nobody around so it'll be only you and her." Nick said with a smirk.

"No I'll do it." I answered ready to go back inside.

"Fine. I'll stay out of your love life." Nick let out a long sigh.

I was glad to hear him say that, but I had a feeling he would do it anyway.