☾III

☾ Skye

☾ Skye

I open my eyes and see a familiar bird beside me. "Good Morning Handsome," I greet him with a smile. He imitatingly caws my tone as a greeting.

I stretch my arms, so did my wings. I stand up and look at the raven. "Fly with me," I tell him and he caws cheerfully. I smile and dive in the cave.

I open my wings as we stop at the opening. I start to soar above the different species of feys. They all know me.

They know me as the last descendant of the Phoenix, together with the infamous Maleficent. They say we are special. That we can help the feys.

For me it a pressure, I am still twenty-five. Still young. I have a lot to know about my powers. I even don't know my full potential.

As I think, I lose focus and suddenly bump into a tree. I stumble down the ground and groan in pain. The raven looks at me with worry.

"You know you act like a human. You are a special little bird," I tell my companion. He caws something in distress which makes me laugh loudly.

"You are such a funny bird," I compliment him and he rolls his eyes. He is indeed a odd raven. He is like a real human. Maybe he is? That is so stupid Skye!

"Handsome? Can I tell you a secret?" I ask and he nods. "I just want to let out this thought out my head." He sits comfortably beside me.

I sigh as I begin. "The feys has been into hiding for several years now. They now want to be free as before. They want war against humans."

"They always tell the story of the legendary Maleficent," I say and suddenly he caws something. "Let me finish Handsome," I laugh as I pet him to calm down.

"They say that I am just like her. She has this magic like I do," I say as I make green mists appear in my hand. "Together, we will unstoppable. They want us to kill all human. But I don't want that to happen and now I feel the pressure."

"I know some humans are kind and will love us feys. Some also are evil and that's should be gone. Not all humans," I look sadly to Handsome. "They don't understand me. They just want war." I start to cry.

I jolt at the sudden touch on the back. I look at the raven and see him rubbing my back with his wing. I smile and close my eyes.

"You are an odd little bird..."

While Borra and Conall are arguing about something that I am not listening, I keep on petting the handsome raven.

He caws in a questioning tone to me. "They are always like this Handsome. They always argue since I was little," I share with him. He shakes head in disappointment which make me giggle.

What kind of bird is Handsome? He is so strange. He doesn't act like a normal bird would do. He acts more humanly. He also understands me which makes me glad that I am not alone again.

Since Conall and Borra had duties, I was alone. I often eat alone, sleep alone and watch the moon alone.

Watching the moon is what we do if I can't fall asleep as a child. That became our daily tradition. Now that tradition is gone. I am always alone.

"We have her," Borra says and I suddenly see where he is pointing to. The feys that I saved last night. "We have both of them," he now points on me. I tilt my head in confusion. "They hold the power non of us posses."

The raven suddenly flies to the lady fey. He squaks at her. I furry my brows. What is happening?

Borra suddenly flies to the fey. I sigh and fly behind him. He smells her and says, "You raised a human. Maybe I was wrong about you. Maybe Conall should have left you dead at the bottom of the sea." "Borra!" I exclaim at his sudden words.

Suddenly, the dark fey pushes him with her green mist. I gasp. She is just like me. She is... Maleficent!

I slowly turn to The Maleficent. She looks at me like a prey. She uses her magic to push me but I block it with mine. Green mist plays around the atmosphere. She looks at me with wide eyes. She stops her magic and say, "You're just like me." She goes near me and examine my feautures.

"You see what's inside of them!" Borra tells the flock. "That is what going to save us all." All the fae chant.

I slowly offer my hand and say, "I am not going to hurt you." She looks at me in the eye before grabbing my hand. "Who are you?" she asks in curiosity. "I am Skye and I am guessing that you are The Maleficent," I say and she nod in reply.

The raven interrupts us with a caw. I look at the ground and smile at him. "Hello Handsome," I greet and Maleficent raise her brows, "Handsome?" "That's what I called him but I guess you already gave him a name," I explain to her.

She flick her hands. Black mists surrounds the raven. The mist grows and I watch it in awe. Suddenly, a person appears in front of me. His piercing black eyes look into my green eyes. He smiles which make my heart skip a beat.

"The names Diaval, Beautiful."