23. show you off

I convince Derek to take me back to my apartment Friday night. I wasn't able to take Saturday off completely but I was able to switch shifts with Pam, so I'm working the morning shift and she's covering my evening shift.

Kim is also working the morning shift and I catch her up on everything that's been happening with Derek. Will this ever stop feeling like a dream? How the hell am I dating a celebrity? How is this real life? This is the kind of stuff that happens in movies. It's just unreal...yet it's real. It's happening.

I begin to stress myself out as the morning passes by. I'm sure that there's going to be a lot of people at this party; some of them probably famous. What am I going to wear? It is a pool party, though I'm not sure if people are actually going to get in the pool because it's a bit chilly. Then again, Derek probably also has a jacuzzi. Now that sounds amazing, but I'll probably be too nervous to get in or do anything.

I get out of work at five-thirty and I head home after planning on getting an Uber at around seven.

Derek calls me just as I'm getting out of the shower.

"Hey, Gin. I'm on my way to pick you up."

I frown at my reflection on the mirror. "Pick me up? I was just gonna take an Uber."

"What? No way. That's not necessary. I'm on my way."

"Uh-okay."

"See you in a bit."

"Okay, bye."

I get out of the shower and try not to panic as I open the closet door and look for something to wear. I wasn't prepared. I thought I had at least two hours to get ready. I put on a black thin-strap dress that goes down mid-thigh. It's basic as hell but I really don't have anything else. The rest of my clothes consist of leggings and jeans and sweaters. I put on my checkered Vans then comb my hair and add some mousse to try to control the frizz. My hair is naturally wavy but it's always so frizzy after it dries. I wish I had enough time to dry it and straighten it or something.

I'm applying mascara when there is a knock on the door. I smile in anticipation as I head over to open the door.

"Hello, gorgeous," Derek says with a smile on his lips. He's wearing jeans with a white shirt and a black leather jacket and black shoes. I'm glad he's casual too. I'm not too underdressed then. Except for my Vans. I love them too much to take them off though.

I smile at him. "Hi."

He follows me into the apartment and closes the door behind me.

"I'm almost ready. Just need to get my purse," I say then turn around and look at him. "Am I dressed properly for the occasion?"

I watch as Derek's blue eyes make their way down my body. I can't read his face and then his eyes meet mine again and I suddenly feel naked.

He takes a step forward and reaches for my hand. He pulls me towards him and puts his arms around my waist. "You look perfect."

I roll my eyes at him. "Right."

He grins. "I can't wait to show you off to everyone."

I frown then bite my lower lip. "I'm a little nervous."

He reaches out and frees my lower lip with his thumb. His eyes look at my lips. "Don't be. Everyone is dying to meet you."

"That just makes me more nervous." I tell him.

He kisses me slowly. It's hard to get into it at first because I really am nervous, but then I feel his palm on my lower back and he pushes me closer to him. I close my eyes and put my arms around his neck as he deepens the kiss. I know I saw him last night but I missed him all day today. He is all I think about now. I wonder if I'm all he thinks about too.