vii. number fifteen, check

adalyn woke up that sunday morning in a familiar bed next to a familiar boy. although her surroundings were similar to how she spent the night before, it was different this time. she was going to be able to leave his apartment and write his name on her list. number fifteen would say, "colby brock, september 2019" and in a strange way, she felt accomplished because of this. after all, she did what she needed to do. and based on the events of the previous night, what she needed to do was hot as fuck.

ady quietly rolled out of bed, grabbing a t-shirt of colby's off the ground as she tiptoed to the bathroom. she quickly put the t-shirt on, tugging it down a bit to try and cover her naked lower half. she tried to freshen up a bit by running her fingers through her hair and cleaning up the mascara that had smeared through the night. when she deemed herself presentable, she slowly opened the door to make her way back to the bed.

"i thought you left," colby's voice surprised her because it looked like he was sleeping. he was laying on his side facing ady, but his eyes were closed.

ady smirked, "what, you trying to get rid of me already?"

colby groaned, rolling over to his back with his eyes still closed. "you know what i mean," ady didn't budge from where she was standing, waiting for colby elaborate. "you were warm," he whined while spreading his arm out towards ady.

"i can assure you that i'm not warm anymore," ady replied. it was true, all she was wearing was a t-shirt and the ac was on in his apartment, so her bare legs had goosebumps.

colby finally opened his eyes to look at the brunette, and ady was sure she had never met a boy who looked like colby did in the morning. "well, come back to bed then. i can warm you up,"

and although ady had two assignments and a group project she needed to get done before class tomorrow, she couldn't resist colby's raspy morning voice and his tousled hair. she took a few steps and was at the edge of the bed when colby's arm wrapped around ady's waist and pulled her towards him. she flopped, not so gracefully, down onto the bed next to the beautiful boy. the arm that pulled her to the bed stayed around her, and he brought her close to him, so that her head was resting on his chest.

"isn't it kind of weird to think i've known you for only like, 24 hours and i've spent most of that time with you?" ady asked while hooking her leg around colby's.

"i don't think it's weird. do you think it's weird?"

ady giggled, "i just said i thought it was weird,"

colby was silent for a moment. "that's a weird word," he thought out loud. "weird."

ady laughed once again and pressed her face against colby's warm chest. "stop saying it then,"

colby grumbled a bit, and ady had to bite her lip to prevent herself from laughing again. "alright then," he said, "why do you think it's strange?" he asked, putting extra emphasis on the word strange.

ady rolled her eyes, then gently swatted at his chest. "you're cheeky in the mornin', aren't ya?"

colby shifted a bit, then used his free hand to poke ady in the cheek. "don't ignore the question, foster."

"oh, last name basis, huh? that's not what you were calling me last night-"

ady was cut off with a loud groan from colby, "i mean if we're reenacting things from last night," colby started, moving his hands onto ady's hips and quickly moving her from laying on his chest to straddling him, "then i think you should be right here," he whispered with hooded eyes.

ady smirked at the boy beneath her, leaning down slowly so that her face was just mere inches away from colby's. she placed wet kisses down his neck, then worked her way back up, trailing kisses all the way to the corner of his mouth.