K- Kind (in his own little way)

🚬Chapter 4🚬

Shikamaru was really something else, he made you come over to his place, pin you on his bed and then give you the essay. And then, in return he wanted to...
'STOP thinking about it..'
You sighed hopelessly.
And Ms. Tsunade was a strange English teacher, she demands that all assignments and homework be submitted the next class and it takes her more than a week to correct it and give it back.

[A/N: I hate those kind of teachers, don't you? ]

*Beep, Beeep!* your phone vibrated in your pocket, you pulled out your phone and checked it. It was a message from Shikamaru.
How did he get your number?
He was one mysterious guy.

*Shikamaru: Check under your desk, got a surprise for you.

You looked at him, he looked away and placed his attention elsewhere.

*(Name): (ಠ_ಠ)

*Shikamaru: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You gave in and looked under your desk, it was a a small bag with something in it.
You pulled the bag and something fell on your forehead. He connected strings to make a chain reaction, when you pull, it drops whatever on your head.
"Ow.." You rubbed your forehead, and your hand was red, but there were words formed from the red.
DETENTION.
'Oh, no..' You thought, remembering the first time you were in detenton. With Shikamaru, of course.

__________

You were casually walking to school, passing by Shikamaru's house. From where you stood you could hear Shikamaru's mom shouting at him.
"Hurry up! You're going to be late for school."
You decided to stand and wait for him, maybe you'd be closer to him. Maybe.
He stepped out looking pissed as ever, scratching his head and mumbling curses to himself.
"Stupid parents, stupid alarm clock, stupid school.." And on the little Nara boy went.
"Um, good morning." You greeted, walking beside him.
"

There's nothing good about this morning. Salutations." He said.
"Okay, we should get going. It won't be long until the bell rings." You said.
"Ah, heck. Detention's just a room anyway. More sleep for me." He shrugged.
You both walked normally until, a cloudburst came around.
He grabbed your hand and ran to shelter under a building. The rain poured continuously as you shivered.
"Here, put on this or you'll catch a cold." He said, taking off his jacket and giving it to you.
"What about you?"
"Just put it on, already." He said, looking away.
Though it was small on him, it was bigger on you, and it did help a little with the cold.
"If I get sick, I stay home and sleep it off. Simple."
You giggled, all he seemed to ever love was sleep.
The rain stopped falling and you hurried to school. Iruka was already waiting with his notepad
he uses to take role.
"You two. Where have you been?"
Shikamaru rolled his eyes, "Iruka-Sensei, it was raining and--"
"Not another word. I expected better from you. Detention after school." He stamped your foreheads with the red stamps.
You and Shikamaru were alone in the Detention room.
Shikamaru was sleeping
through the time as it ticked away.
He pulled you down so your head rested on the desk as well. "Sleep, time passes faster that way."
"But there's only two more--"
"Zzzzzz...." He was already lightly snoring.
"Alright." You closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep.
You and him, from that day forward, went to school late everyday. Until Iruka told your parents and they forbid you to hang out with him since then. You never regretted it.

__________

In the bag was the jacket he gave you to wear that day, it looked good as new. You smiled, Shikamaru is a lot of things but he sure is kind.
You looked over to him and wanted to thank him but he was fast asleep.
"You've never changed.." You chuckled to yourself.