M- Misunderstood/Mysterious (sometimes misunderstanding)

🚬Chapter 6🚬

  After the game of Seven Minutes in Heaven, well, more like Twenty Minutes of Torture for you, everyone went home.
Shikamaru, on the other hand, went around the block too meet some good friends of his, his spliff buds.
"Aye, sup, Shikamaru?" One of them greeted.
"Nothing much."
"How's school treating ya?"
"It's fine. Sometimes." He said, sitting with them on the pavement. They passed around a cigarette.
They were talking about women, and some school girls they had scored with. Shikamaru didn't care though, he had his girl or two. Not like he drugged them or forced himself on them, but it was more like they wanted him. What can he say? He gave them what wanted.
"You know who I got eyes for? (Last Name) (Name)." One of them said.
    Shikamaru shot his head towards his direction,
"Man, is she something. I would even go to church if it meant having her in my bed." He laughed.
"You better shut the hell up about her if you know what's good for you." Shikamaru threatened, taking a puff from the cigarette.
Shikamaru called you names, teased and made fun of you. But it was only fun when he did it, nobody else should but him. And hearing them, speak about you in such a way, made something click in his head.
"What? Don't tell me you got the hots for her. Thought you didn't like the innocent ones, eh? What's with your sudden change of--"
"You better shut up about her or I'll-!" Shikamaru got up from where he sat.
"Or what? She ain't yours, is she? So why do you--" Shikamaru punched him so hard, his mouth began bleeding, teeth maybe even shaking.
And so, a fight broke out.
The others tried to hold the two of them back, but Shikamaru wasn't gonna let this guy get away with mouthing off on you.
   Sirens were heard, police sirens. The others ran off and left them to fight.
The police parted the fight and arrested them, the boy was unconscious, his face swollen and red like a pufferfish.

🚬🚬🚬

  It was about eleven in the night, Shikamaru sat in his cell, pissed at the fact he wasn't finished with beating the hell out of that guy.
"So," Kakashi stood at the gate of his cell. "You want me to call your parents-?"
"No, call (Name)." He said.

You sat in front of your mirror, looking at your neck and chest. The marks were very visible.
And you thought, 'Was he teasing? Was he just messing with you? Did he notice you liked him?'
Your phone rang, and you answered it.
"Hello?"
"Yeah, it's me, Mr. Hatake. There was an accident that involved Shikamaru not too far from the--"
"An accident? Where? Where is he!?"
"He's in the police station."
"I'm on my way."

🚬🚬🚬

   You ran in the station and and saw Kakashi in the lobby.
"Where is Shikamaru?"
"Second to last cell on the right-" You were already running down the hall, you stopped when you noticed his spiky, black hair.
"Shikamaru!" You shouted. He looked up, and saw your eyes that was swirling with worry.
A policeman opened the gate, you ran and hugged him, then looked at his bruised face.
"Wha- did you get into a fight?" You touched it and he winced.
"Yeah, it's no big deal anyway."
"If it isn't, then why did Kakashi called me instead of your parents?"
"Then why did you come?"
"Because you- where is this all coming from?"
He looked away, not answering you.
"Shikamaru!"
"I defended you, okay! Is that what you want to hear?"
    You pursed your lips, is that why he was fighting?
"Why would you? It's not like you care anyway.." You said.
"Then why the hell do you stick around?" He shouted, standing up.
"Maybe because.."
"Oh, here comes the stuttery game.." He said sarcastically.
"Maybe because.. because I love you!" You finally fought yourself to say.
He looked at you as your eyes teared up.
"And you didn't even notice, not even once and apparently, you don't feel the same way. You're really dense, you know that!?" You got up and ran outside, leaving him alone in the dark.

"She loved me?"