Chapter Thirty Seven • Nightmares and nightly visits

*Warning. Mature Content Ahead.*

-Jade-

When Jade got back to her chamber late, after reading in the library, someone was already there. She could feel the person's presence as she closed the door slowly. In the corner of her eye she could see standing by the window. Should I run instead of turning around? She thought to herself. No... it is too late now.

Jade turned around and braced herself for what was to come. She clenched her hands and her breathing became heavier. Jade was even more startled when she turned around to find the figure of a man standing by her window.

"William?" She breathed out in relief when she recognized him. "What are you doing here?"

William turned around at the sound of his name but didn't seem too happy to see her. There was a serious look in his eyes and it sent waves of concern through her body. Did he find out about the girl?

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly and flattened her hands against her stomach in an attempt to dampen her anxiety. It felt like her heart was beating in her stomach.

"You can tell something is wrong?" He asked and smiled for a second but his lips quickly formed into a strict line again. He almost looked as stoic as he had in the beginning of their time together. It had been a while since she last saw his face like this. She realized that she hadn't missed it, not one bit.

"Well, something is on your mind..." Jade sighed. "That much I can tell from the look on your face."

William walked up to her and put his right hand around her neck. He drew her closer until their lips met in a slow deep kiss. It felt like he wanted it to last for as long as he could but Jade didn't mind. To be honest she hadn't been able to focus while reading because her mind kept wandering off to the memories of his lips pressed against hers. And now that she finally got what she had been thinking about she welcomed it.

"I need to tell you something." He said in a low voice after their kiss. He leaned his forehead against hers. Jade wanted another kiss and reached out for his lips again. "Jade..." he whispered pleadingly in a silent laughter as she pressed her lips against his.

"Yes?" She whispered, her breathing now a bit heavier than before.

"I really need to tell you something." He moaned as her hands crept up over his chest until her arms were around his neck. "Don't do this." He pleaded when her left hand caressed its way up from his neck to his cheek. His begging only made her want it more, because she knew that he didn't mean it.

"I'm not doing anything." She whispered and stole another kiss. William chuckled.

"No, you're not, are you?" He whispered and gave in to his own lust and pressed his lips hard against hers. Jade's body became a tingling mess in his arms. "I really want you to listen to me." He said after he had given her what she wanted; a long and passionate kiss. "And I need you to listen carefully." Jade woke from her moment of weakness and met his gaze.

"You should have started with talking if it was so important..." She sighed against his lips and nudged his upper lip with her own.

"I didn't expect you to be this... hungry." He growled and tugged her closer with his left hand at her lower back. Jade smiled mischievously.

"Alright." She sighed a bit teasingly. William searched her eyes until he seemed sure that she wouldn't try anything again.

"We are leaving." He began. Jade felt her whole body go stiff.

"Leaving? Again?" Jade wondered with an empty voice. "Where are you going?" She asked and couldn't hide her disappointment from him.

"I'm not going. We are." He answered her and smiled, amused by her reaction.