The Reaping

• Dedicated to Matt

A chilling wave of fear hits as Lori reads out what the envelope has to offer.

"In decreed of 25 years of Hunger Games, the Traitor's had to betray their friends and family and vote for the tributes. In the 50th Hunger Games double the amount of tributes were Reaped. In the 75th Hunger Games, if the games went for more then a week all tributes except for one random one would be randomly blown up. And now once again, due to the popularity of the 50th Hunger Games, the 24 Districts of Panem shall offer up not two, but four tributes making the odds of winning 96 to 1." After reciting what the cue card read Lori was gasping for air.

The whole District was in shock about what had been said. I felt the urge to break down into tears that four kids would be forced to fight to the death. My odds of being reaped were higher than ever.

"Now let's not waste any time" Lori said bubbly, while walking up to the glass bowls that stood side by side.

"Ladies, First", she spoke excitedly, while pulling out a piece of paper before walking back to her podium, all that was heard was the chip clap of her high heels on the wooden stage as she walked. She stood up to the podium and yet again read the name for a short amount of time. I stood there petrified that she would call out "Belina Ovase", but to my luck she didn't.

I couldn't remember the name she said but I waited to see what this female tribute looked like. "Chole, come on up dear" Lori said with excitement in her voice. A small girl that looked 13 walked up to the stage she looked petrified, she had dark brown hair that was quite long and tied back into a loose bun with a fringe, Chole had pale skin, or maybe that was just the fear of being picked, she had Seam Grey eyes as I saw on the giant screen. Without delay Lori pulled out the next name and went to the microphone.

"Our second female tribute is..." She paused for a second.

"How about this!" She exclaimed.

"The next tribute is Jule Morph" Lori recites to herself. I suddenly remember that Jule was the girl infront of me in the line to check who we are. Jule sadly walkes up to the stage, she is wearing a long brown dress.

Without delay Lori rushes over to the bowl of names not being able to decide which name to pull out, eventually Lori pulls out a single name and walks over to announce it. "Psyde" she says, she did say his last name but there is no way I would even try to pronounce it. After about ten seconds a boy who looks a bit older then me makes his way up to the stage. Pysde has dirty blonde hair combed back into spikes, he wears a baby blue shirt and brown tacky pants, he walks up to the stage and joins Jule and Chole. "Well one more left." Lori says smirking and she makes her way towards the bowls slowly.

When she reaches the bowls Lori puts her hand into the boys one and draws out two names and flicks one back in. She makes her way up to the podium and waits for a quick moment. She quickly takes a small peek into the card before pulling it open. She pauses for a moment before calling out the tributes name. When I hear the name I freeze out of fear and panic, "Come on up Haydn" Lori calls with a Capitol voice, and just like my nightmare I walk up to the stage, everybody has their eyes on me, like I am some monster. I take my place on the stage standing next to Psyde and a single tear falls down my cheek. "Let's give a round of applause, for District 12's Tributes for the 100th Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Sorry for it being short, I plan to make the next one longer. I will update every week at least once and maybe more. Please Read, Vote and Fan and Comment :)