[11]: I Promise

A/N: This chapter will be a little risque, if you know what I mean. "wink wink"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      

        So far the party had been a great success.  I had watched Leilani the whole night, making sure that she was at ease the whole night.  As the night went on, I became increasingly nervous.  My hand kept slipping into my pocket, resting on the box.  Making sure I hadn't lost it.  A few times over dinner, while she was asking me how it went with her brother, I had spaced out.  She had to repeat her question a few times, and then asked me if I was okay.  Telling me I was worrying her.   I hadn't known what to say, so I just brushed it off casually telling her I was preoccupied with some difficult pack business today.  She had taken the excuse easily, and spent the night talking to Alex and Abby.

        But it was time now.  Everyone had finished their meals, and it was time for me to give her the last present I had saved to give to her until this moment.  Taking the box out of my hand, I stood up asking for everyone's attention.  The memory of me doing almost the same thing a few months ago, coming to my mind for a second,  Making my confidence falter for a second. She looked at me with a confused expression on her face.

"Excuse me everyone.  Sorry to interrupt.  I hope you have enjoyed yourselves this evening.  I just wanted to thank my beautiful mate, Leilani, for putting this together."  I stated, as I lifted her out of her seat.

"As a token of my gratitude, I wanted to give her this ring.  I know it is too soon to ask you to marry me, little one.  But this is a promise ring that I want to give to her.  I want this to signify all my promises to you for the rest of our lives.  I promise to cherish you every day.  I promise to hold your hand when you cry.  I promise you to let you hit me when I make you mad.  I promise to be the man you deserve.  I promise to never take you for granted.  I promise to spend the rest of my life trying to make up for my mistakes.  I promise that no one but you will ever own my heart.  I promise to ask you to marry me one day.  I promise to have a family with you.  I promise to worship the ground you walk on. I promise to bring you smiles everyday for the rest of our lives.  I promise to make you laugh.  Last but not least, I promise to love you until my last breath.  I love you, little one.  Thank you for being you, and for loving me in return."

        I watched as she cried, and her hand shook as I placed the promise ring on her finger.  As soon as I placed it there, she grabbed my face with her hands and placed small kisses all over my face, while in-between each, telling me she loved me.  The world became silent, and only this woman existed for me.

        The guests milled about for another hour or two before leaving.  Alex and Abby had stuck around a tab bit longer.  Alex commenting on my speech, and it seemed the tension was no longer there as I had made it.  And although I was glad I was able to ease some of it, I hadn't made the speech to appease him, but his sister.  And if the smile that was on her face was any indication, I had.  

        Just then I saw a couple approach us, and I stiffened seeing whom they were.  Leilani looking up at me, noticing me tensing.  The older couple approached us, with timid looks upon their face.

"Mr. and Mrs. Smithson."

"Hello Damien. I know it must be shocking to see us here.  I know we were shocked that Leilani here invited us. We wanted to wait until everyone had left before approaching you two.  We wanted to wish you both the best, and also offer up an apology to you both.  We are very sorry for our daughter's actions.  We had no clue at all.  And we feel badly for what she did to you both."  Mrs. Smithson stated, as Mr. Smithson just nodded to indicate his agreement with her comment.