[13]: Loyalty

I am not sure how long I have been gone.  Unsure of how long my wolf and I have been running.  The questions and suspicions plaguing me still.  I couldn't help myself in comparing what I had with Rachel with Leilani.  No matter what had happened in the end, it hadn't always been like that.  A year ago today, and I would never have thought I would be the one that took her life.  In all our years together, I never once questioned her loyalty to me as a man.  Suspicions had never arisen in our five years together.  I never ever questioned her wanting or being with anyone other than me.  Never questioned her love for me.

        Now, with Leilani, only a few months in, and I was already questioning her relationship with another man.  I know after last night, she hadn't shared her body with him.  But that doesn't mean she wouldn't in the future. 

Was she exacting her revenge on me? 
This whole time, was she making me fall in love with her so she could hurt me as I hurt her? 
Did she really love me?
Or was it all a sick game of revenge for her?

        I can't let these questions fester in me.  I needed the answers to them, and she was the only one whom could give me the answers I needed.  I needed to get home, to face this.  Whatever it is, I needed to confront it.  I know I have no choice but to accept her as my mate.  The consequences to dire.

        Turning around, I let me wolf lead me back to the house.  Lead me back to my uncertain future with Leilani.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Leilani's POV]

        Strange, I hadn't heard Damien tell me he was leaving.  A feeling of uncertainty going through my mind.   I had to find a way to get these lingering doubts out of my mind.  He had done so much, said so much to make things up to me, and after last night I shouldn't have doubts in him anymore.  But still, I had them.  I hope one day they will disappear, I think to myself as I am mindlessly brushing my wet hair.

        Just as I was wrapped up in my thoughts, I heard my phone ring on the dresser.  Picking it up, I notice Scott's name flashing on the faceplate giving me indication of who is calling.  I touch the screen to connect the call.

"Scott?"

"Sorry to call you so early Leilani." I hear him say with anxiousness in his voice

"No, its fine.  How can I help you?"

"I'm not sure if you can help, but I have run out of options.  I called even if there is a small chance."

"Chance of what?"

"Elise isn't there is she?"

"No, why would she be here?"

"I don't know. I can't find her.  She left me last night."  I hear him say, the last part his voice cracking in pain.

"I totally fucked up with her Leilani.  Everything I thought was true, wasn't.  I failed her.  I punished her for something she had no control of, and I have been punishing her for months. I have to find her, to make it right.  But she left, and I can't find her.  I don't know what to do Leilani." he says sobbingly.

"Calm down Scott, we will find her.  I will help you find her."

"Thank you Leilani, for being a friend."

"No problem, let me get dressed.  I will tell Damien about what is going on.  And then I will head over to you. okay?  We will do this together."

"Okay."

"See you soon Scott."

"Be sure to bring Alex or Damien with you.  There are still rogues prowling about here and there. Okay?"