[12]: Sunrise

A/N: So the book is nearing its ending.  I probably have 5 or 6 chapters left in it.  I hope you have enjoyed it thus far.   Sorry for the short chapter, but I need it to lead up to the climax of the story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         I had woken up a little after dawn, with Leilani wrapped around me.  Her head resting above my heart, her legs wrapped over mine.  Watching her as she sleep, and realizing just how lucky I was. She was breathing through her partly opened mouth, emitting a soft snoring sound.  Her hair tangled about her face.  I had gently moved it aside, so that it rested behind her so I could look at her face uninhibitedly.

        Using my hand, I started rubbing her back in circles softly, until she began to stir awake.  As I watched her eyes flutter open, and looking at me.  A slow smile creeping on her face. 

"Good morning."

"Morning, little one." I answer, before placing a small kiss on her noise. "Sleep well?"

"Hmmm, like a baby"  she said, as she stretched like a cat.

"So what are your plans for the day? Or can I talk you into staying in bed all day?"

"You're absolutely insatiable.  You know that Damien?"

        We had made love twice more in the night,  Both times with me waking her up with my slow love making.  Each time ending with us whispering words of love to each other.

"Only with you. little one."

"It better be only with me." she looked up at me with a quirked brow.

"Always."

"As much as I would love to stay in bed all day with you Damien.  I promised Abby last night to spend the day with her.  She hasn't told Alex yet, but apparently, I am going to be an Aunt soon."

"Remind me to congratulate him once he finds out."

"Of course.  What are you plans today?"

"Paperwork, lots and lots of paperwork.  And in-between the paperwork, thinking of a beautiful woman waiting naked in bed for me once its done."

"Hmm, that may just happen if you are a good boy today." she states, as she gets up from the bed naked, and pads to the bathroom.

        This woman is going to be the life and death of me, I think to myself.  I debated for a few seconds on joining her in the shower or not, but decided against it.  After everything we did last night, she would probably be sore.  And as much as I would love to be inside of her delectable body once again, I knew she needed a bit to completely heal, even with our increased healing.

        I heard her muffling singing in the shower, and it caused me to smile.  Getting up out of the bed, the necklace I had given her last night dropped to the floor.  Picking it up, I looked around the room for the box to put it in.  When I didn't immediately see it, I decided that I would put it her nightstand for safe keeping.  I would remind her about it later. 

        Just as I was placing in the necklace, I noticed an open note.  At first I ignored it, but noticing it was from Scott.  My shaking hand reaching for it, picking it up, and reading it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Leilani,

        I had noticed you admiring this dress while in town.  Since you invited me to the party, I thought you would look splendid in it, so I got it for you.  Please accept this as a token of my thanks for being there.  I hope to see you in it tonight.

Your friend,

Scott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the hell did he have to thank her for?

What did she do to earn such an extravagant gift from him?

What had she been there for?

Are they meeting in secret?

How come I didn't know about this?

Had they met before that day in my office?

What the hell is going on?

        So many questions running in my mind.  I can feel the anger rise in me.  The suspicion starting to eat away at me.  Then I remembered last night, finding them alone outside with there arms around each other, and I began to see red.  I need to clear my head.  There was an explanation for this.  There had to be.  It couldn't be what I thought it was.  She wouldn't do this to me.  RIght?  She loves me. Right?

        I felt my wolf taking over, and I knew I needed to get out of the house and run before I said and did something I would regret.   I didn't even wait for Leilani to give me an explanation before I ran out our bedroom, and out of the house.  Swiftly changing into my wolf and running.  Hoping to outrun my anger and suspicions.  Hoping to calm myself down enough, before confronting her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Unknown POV]

        The time is near, I can feel it.  Soon you will pay for what you have taken from me.  Soon I will take it all.