[15]: It Starts and Ends Here

A/N: Its the final chapter guys, before the epilogue.  Thank you for taking this journey with me.  I am going to be dedicating this story to a few people that have taken the journey with me, and I appreciate their input and following me along the way as I finish my first books ever. 

So a special thanks to debbie_evanfurn, LillyBelle469, and kotono.

For any readers I have not listed, thank you as well.  I am glad and humbled that you guys have enjoyed my books so far.  I hope I don't disappoint any of you, and I hope to keep writing more books for you guys to enjoy!

- MsNikkiStar

(P.S.  The song I have ascribed for this chapter is a pretty old song, but one I think is very fitting for this chapter.  So please play it as you read it.  I think it adds to the dynamic of the ending.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I slowly stand up to my full height, turning fully to them.  Using my body to block Leilani's body from them.  Not sure if they are a threat to her or not, but not taking any chances.  I watch as the woman approaches me, her silver blonde hair falling past her shoulders.  Glacial blue eyes looking at me.  So familiar, but different in many ways.

        She looks exactly like Rachel, but is older than her.  Wrinkles on her face showing that she has passed her prime, but still beautiful.  Just as her daughter once was.  But her face expressionless, her eyes holding malice as she stares back at me.

"So glad you decided to join us Damien."

"What are you doing here?"

"Taking back what you took, of course."

"What the hell are you talking about Mrs. Smithson?"

"I have come for what is mine."

        I slowly began taking small steps towards her, gauging her movements, looking for a moment to incapacitated her.  I watch as she lifts her hand, a metallic object in her hand.

"Stop right there Damien." she says, as I notice it is a gun in my hand.  "And before you ask, its loaded with silver bullets dear. So don't even think about it."

Using the gun to point, she says "Get your hands up."

"What do you want from us?" I say as I raise my hands up in the air.

"Simple,  I want a life for a life.  You took my precious little girl away from me."

"I am sorry I had to kill her." I begin to say.

"Sorry? You're sorry?  No you aren't.  You moved on with that slut over there before her body was even cold in the ground."

"I loved her. she just..."

"Love? Ha! You don't know the meaning of the word. You killed her, and she loved you!"

"She didn't love me.  She told me she just wanted the power."

"Shut up with your lies!  My daughter was perfect, her only flaw was loving you!"

"Mrs. Smithson, listen.  Her mate didn't die. She rejected her mate..."

"Of course she rejected him! He wasn't worthy of my little girl.  SHE DESERVED MORE!"  she stated, and I realized then Rachel's mom had known everything all along.

"It would have been perfect.  She would have gotten the man she deserved.  But she ruined it all, and you ruined it all by choosing the wrong girl.  Then you take Rachel's life, and you two have the audacity to invite us to a party to tell the world about how big of a mistake loving Rachel was?  Ha!  You both were idiots to believe my apology was sincere.  That I had forgiven you for taking my little girl from me.  That I had forgiven you TEARING my little girls body to shreds.  The same body you so lovingly told her was perfect everyday!"