3

" Tell me his name again".

" Thanos. He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York, that was him".

" This is it. What's our timeline?".

" No telling. He has the Power and Space Stones. That already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe. If he gets his hands on all six stones, Tony...".

" He could destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of".

" Did you seriously just say hitherto undreamt of?".

" Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?".

The cloak knocks him off.

" I'm going to allow that. If Thanos needs all six, why don't we just stick this one down a garbage disposal?".

" No can do".

" We swore an oath to protect the Time Stone with our lives".

" And I swore off dairy, but then Ben and Jerry's named a flavor after me".

" Stark Raving Hazelnuts".

" It's not bad".

" A bit chalky".

" A Hunk of Hulk of Burning Fudge is our favorite".

" That's a thing?".

" Whatever, point is, things change".

" Our oath to protect the Time Stone cannot change. This stone may be the best chance we have against Thanos".

" Yeah, so conversely, it may also be his best chance against us".

" Well, if we don't do our jobs".

" What is your job exactly? Besides making balloon animals".

" Protecting your reality, douchebag".

" Okay, guys. Could we table this discussion right now? The fact is we have this stone. We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the Mind Stone and we have to find him, now".

" Yeah, that's the thing. Two weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder. He's offline".

" What?".

" Yeah".

" Tony, you lost another super-bot?".

" I didn't lose him. He's more than that. He's evolving".

" Who could find Vision, then?".

At that moment, Tony and Bruce have the same thought.

" Lauren. Tony, this is perfect. Lauren can find Vision and she can help protect both stones".

" Mage?", Doctor Strange asks.

" Yes! Yes, yeah, Mage. Her power is unprecidented. The source is unknown, so it's possible that it's unlimited. Call her", Bruce says.

" It's not that easy. God, we haven't caught up in a spell, have we? The Avengers broke up. We're toast".

" Broke up? Like the Beatles?".

" Cap and I fell out hard. And Lauren... I-I did something unforgivable. We're not on speaking terms".

" Tony, listen to me. Thor's gone. Thanos is coming. It doesn't matter who you're talking to or not".

Tony pulls out the flip phone Steve left for him years ago, but before he gets a chance to use it... the children of Thanos arrive on earth.