8

Swords slash through skin.

Claws and teeth sink into arms and legs.

Steve and T'Challa ran to the front while Lauren teleported to the barrier.

With as much strength as she could muster, she pushed her palms forward and allowed flames to consume the creatures in front of her. One brave alien bolted past the flames and directly to her. Without flinching, Lauren grabs the creature by its neck and squeezes it till it breaks.

She walks with her back towards the barrier, and with one gold flash of her eyes even more of them burst into flames.

" Sam!" She yells as she leaps into the air.

Within seconds, Sam swings by and grabs her.

" Can't you fly?!" He exclaims.

" I don't have wings."

Lauren hands him her gun, and then lets go. She free falls down to the ground, positioning herself to land where Bucky is being attacked.

But then, Cul Obsidian's hammer hits Lauren's side and knocks her far behind the battle. She crashes into the dirt and rolls down a hill.

Lauren picks herself up as her eyes scan the battleground in front of them. They're... losing.

They're being attacked.

From all sides.

They're out numbered.

They're outgunned.

They're out manned.

Just then, a great beam of light slams down in the middle of the battle.

Thor appears with what looks like a tree and a raccoon.

The corner of her lip slightly curls up into a smile.

" You guys are totally screwed now!", Bruce yells.

Lauren sprints back to the battle as Thor uses his brand new axe to wreak havoc.

" Thor, fetch!" She yells as she leaps into the air once more.

Thor throws the axe to her, but once she wraps her hands around it they both plummet back to the ground. Thor catches them both before they crash.

His face reads worry as his thoughts speak anxiety. She can hear them, but not entirely. Lauren grabs onto his biceps and her eyes light up with the same lightning as Thor's.

Lauren lifts her head up with her palms facing the sky as she floats above the battle.

Her powers strike down to kill the aliens, striking them off one by one.

The ground begins to rumble as the trees shake.

Lauren's eyes go back to normal as she floats down.

The heroes watch and giant rotating blades emerge from the ground.

Before the blades can separate, Lauren teleports in front of them. A gold hue forms around the blades, the same color of her eyes. She uses her powers to keep them in place.

Her eye sight shifts.

From the battle to black.

From black to death.

She sees the death of her teammates.

Of her family.

Her eyes glow a sickening green as her mind gets trapped.

She sees death all around her.

She feels an all too familiar pain in her stomach.

Her powers begin to weaken and the blades start to move.

" Wanda!".

Lauren screams as loud as she can and then uses the little strength she has to teleport herself away from the battle.

She screams and screams.

Her cries of pain only intensify as her eyes glow brighter.

Her palm glows gold.

It flickers, but then grows.

She covers her eyes with her hand, allowing the gold magic to overcome the sickening green.

Lauren shakes her head and takes a deep breath.

She looks across the battle.

Something's different.

She can feel it.

It's in the wind.

" Steve? Nat?"

She senses where they are and teleports to them.

She sees Wanda comforting Vision.

She sees Steve looking up at the trees.

She sees Natasha clutching her side.

She sees Bruce in the damaged Hulk buster suit.

They're all alive... for now.

A blue speck appears, and everyone's neck snaps in that direction.

Black smoke and a glowing blue form a portal.

It gets bigger.

And bigger.

And bigger.

And then he steps out.

The portal closes behind him...

And now one thing is certain.

Thanos is here.