4

The train screeches down the tracks, quickly passing by. The wind blows all their hair across their faces, the dimly lit station creating shadows among them.

All eyes turn to the other side of the tracks, locked on a shadowy figure. So close, but not close enough to see who. Only a strongly built silhouette.

Prixima Midnight throws her spear at the figure, but it's caught with ease. The figure slowly steps closer, boots echoing. Once in the light, Nomad is revealed. Scruff beard, grown out brown hair, and a torn navy blue suit.

Wanda smiles as Vision sighs with relief.

Out of thin air, Lauren appears behind Proxima, her long hair cascading down the top part of her body.

" Boo!".

Before Proxima can even react, Lauren round house kicks her into the glass of the shops around them, and then elbows Corvis Glave through six concrete pillars.

Steve throws the spear to his wife, she catches it in her left hand as she looks to her right. Glave speeds to her, clashing his spear with hers. Lauren slides beneath him, dodging the blade as she slices the back of his calf. Within a second, she's turned around, bent down on one knee and plunges the spear into his gut. She flips up, using his knee as leverage to jump in the air and kick him down.

Proxima summons her spear, but Steve is quick to grab the other as he sommersaults in front of his wife, dodging the attack. He removes his spear and clashes it with her. Lauren uses her bo staff to block, the alien now fighting the husband-wife duo. As if rehearsed, they both hit Proxima with their weapons, knocking her back to her husband.She kneels before him as he clutches his chest.

Steve armed with the spear, Lauren merely bares her fist, her knuckles cracking as she stares down her enemies.

" Get up", Proxima orders.

" I can't", Glave responds.

" Was that supposed to be a fight?", The brunette asks as she tilts her head.

" With your magic, you're no match", Proxima sneers.

" Who said I need magic to kill you?", Lauren asks without skipping a single beat.

Not wanting to admit intimidation, Proxima beams her and Glave back up to their ship, the spear shooting up after them.

The husband and wife stare up at the sky as the ship departs, then look at each other.

" Aliens. Why is it that whenever something bad happens, it's usually aliens?", Lauren asks.

" And what the hell makes you think I know?", He responds.

They turn around, quickly making their way to the other couple.

Lauren points two fingers down, then twirls them up, allowing white fluffy air to help Vision stand.

" Thank you, Captain", Vision says in his broken voice.

" Let's get you on the jet", Steve responds.

Her boots echo as she walks down the concrete road, leading the others to the jet where Natasha and Sam await. Sam stands up to help Vision, but he sees the white air holding him up and steps back, knowing not to question a damn thing.

" Now, I thought we had a deal. Stay close, check in, don't take any chances", Natasha says as the hangar door closes.

" I'm sorry. We just wanted time", Wanda responds.

" Where to, Cap?", Sam asks from the cockpit.

In that moment, Steve looks over at his wife, and they lock eyes. The corner of his mouth quickly twitches up into a smile, his heart always melting whenever his eyes meet hers.

" Home", He says, wanting nothing more than to have one with her.