03

we arrived in the sanctuary. by looking at it, millions upon millions of people could fit into the building. it was huge, so huge.

"tommy. you think too damn bloody much", newt rolls his eyes.

"maybe i'm a thinker", i simply state.

"well get outta your damn mind and face the real world tommy boy", he yells.

"you don't have to be so loud shank", i return the roll of eyes.

"come on, they are going to talk soon", he points to the police men on the stage.

"welcome everyone, i'm sheriff stilinski and we are here to allow you to see your parents. all of the trials were fake, the flare wasn't real. they messed with your heads to train you for nothing. you all are okay, please proceed to the loading decks as we find your parents. unfortunately, some of you might not have parents anymore. i know how it feels to lose someone. i lost my son, stiles.", after i heard stiles i stopped listening.

is he my dad? why can't i just have my shucking memories back. can i get them back? a million questions went through my head. i'm interrupted when newt suddenly grabs my hand. he's shaking? i wonder why.

"newt?", i look at him.

"uh.. yeah?", he is still shaking.

"are you nervous?", i ask.

"w-what makes you think that? no!", he lies.

"newt.. it's ok to be nervous. aren't we all?", he nods and let's go of my hand.

"it's going to be ok", i reassure him.

we all start walking again, it's pretty much a long line and we are at the end. teresa, brenda, gally, minho, aris and sonya are behind us.

maybe it isn't going to be ok. what if they don't like me? did i have a mother? was she going to love me? was my dad going to care about me?! what if he replaced me, what if i'm too different now that he doesn't like the new me.

"s-shit", i mutter hoping someone hears.

i feel something grab me and pull me aside.

"stiles?", a young boy says.

"i-i'm sorry- i-i don't k-know y-you p-please let m-me g-go", i stutter.

i'm definitely having a panic attack right now.

"are you ok?", he asks me with concern.

"w-where's t-the b-bathroom?", i ask frantically.

he points towards the restroom, i quickly say thanks and run to the bathroom locking myself in a stall. this was going to be the longest day of my life. i find the wall and slide down onto it. i hear a voice coming in.

"tommy?", a british voice says.

only newt calls me tommy, that's another reason i like him.

"i-in h-here", i stutter out. i unlock the door for him to come in.

"are you ok?", his eyes showing full concern.

"no", i truthfully answer.

"tommy, you are the one who told me everything is going to be ok. it is, why are you so damn worried. they are going to love you for you", he stares into my eyes.

"and what if they don't?", i look away.

"who wouldn't like you tommy? your a leader, you are amazing. anyone who doesn't like you is a shank. they are dumb! you are the most amazing person anyone could have", he continues staring at me.