nine

"Sorry."

Iwaizumi blinked, had he heard Oikawa right?

"You were just looking out for both of me and (Y/N), and I was being an asshole."

Iwaizumi chuckled, "Good thing you know."

Then he cleared his throat, "Pretty sure seeing the mark almost gone completely scared you huh? Just cherish her, you're pretty lucky to have a girl like her as a soulmate you know? You having your soulmate found is fortunate enough, so if she thinks about doing that stuff again, I'll fucking rip you to shreds."

Oikawa paled.

"You talked about a 'process' and she talked about it too. What do you mean by that?" Oikawa asked.

Iwaizumi didn't have any second thoughts and answered.

There was still an hour before lunch ends, and it was at that time (Y/N) decided to close the book she was reading and go somewhere to have her lunch.

Just as she was walking through the hallways, she heard her name being called and the rushed footsteps of someone.

"No running in the hallway!" A teacher scolded.

"She's rejecting your bond." Iwaizumi answered.

"The marks you possess along with your soulmate is something to remind you that you are destined to be bonded with them.

Rejecting a bond can differ for both parties. The one who receives the rejection has their mark gradually removed, but the one who is rejecting the bond has serious consequences. Terrible fevers, insomnia, coughing out blood, nosebleeds , and the like."

Oikawa listened to Iwaizumi's every word.

"So...is that why she's absent for 2 weeks?" The setter asked, with a dangerous low tone.

Iwaizumi sighed, "That girl is utterly inlove with you. She is so smart but does even the dumbest things just for you."

"For me...and I was being a jerk." Oikawa scoffed.

"Yeah, you sure are."