8| Inspiration

Siena went to the spot Cole texted her. It wasn't anything special, just a bench along the road. Siena found Cole waiting there, lounging and wearing his headphones, moving his head to the beat. Siena hesitated before sitting down beside him. He smiled and slid his headphones onto his neck.

  His gaze moved to the small bag on her shoulder. "Did you bring it?" He asked excitedly.

Siena rolled her eyes with a smile before taking out two small chocolate spice cakes. His face lit up and he scarfed his down faster then you could say 'Cole loves cake'.

  Siena stared at him, mutely handing him her own. "You really love cake, don't you?" She commented as he gladly took it and ate away.

  "Oh yeah!" He nodded. "It's the best food ever, especially when someone makes it so well." He winked at her. Siena tried hard not to blush but her cheeks went red anyway. Traitors.

  "So," Siena cleared her throat. "What are we doing here again?"

  Cole smacked his lips before answering. "Right," he stood before reaching his hand to help her up. "I want you to take me to all the places that you like to go, whatever gets you inspired." Siena ignored the fluttering feeling in her stomach as she forced herself to nod.

She went to move down the sidewalk when he stopped her. "Woah! Where are you going?"

"Uh, down the street?" She gave him a confused look.

"When I travel in the city, I prefer to travel with style." Cole stepped to a black motorcycle on the curb. He tossed her a helmet and pulled on his own. "Hop on!" Siena nervously clipped it on and settled behind him.

"Where do I hold on?" She asked numbly.

Cole laughed as he started it up. "Put your arms around me." Siena tentatively wrapped her arms around him, trying to ignore the fact that they were very close together.

"Where to?" He asked.

Siena told him the directions and he sped off. Her blonde hair whipped in her face as they zipped through lanes. They arrived at the beach, people were lounging around and some tossed footballs around. Music blared through the air and the waves crashed rhythmically against the sand.

  Siena breathed in the salty air and shook out her hair after pulling of her helmet.

  "We used to come here all the time." She murmured as she and Cole strolled along the shore.

  "My family would sometimes come too." Cole replied, kicking a stone.

Siena remembered making intricate sand castles with her dad and splashing in the waves. "I guess we don't anymore because my moms so busy." She said aloud. Cole looked at her curiously. "After she and my dad divorced she found a huge job offer and took it, now I hardly ever see her. When I do she doesn't have time to talk about my life or how I'm going. I know it's a little selfish, I mean, some people have it so much worse but...sometimes, even though I don't like attention I just...need a little bit. To at least know that someone cares."

Cole studied her and it took Siena a moment to realize she over shared a bit. "Sorry." She mumbled.

"No, you needed to get that off your back." Cole told her. "I think that you need to open up a bit, let people see this cool, awesome, person you are under that shy exterior. What I see."

Siena held her breath and hardly dared to ask. "What do you see?"

Cole turned to look at her in the eyes. "A pretty girl, who's brave, and funny, and kind. Who's voice is like an angel, and can write songs that can open your heart. That has confidence and bravery and hope and love and so many other amazing attributes she doesn't even see in herself. But I see them."

Siena swallowed. "That was beautiful." Her face was red and her heart was hammering in her chest.

Cole blinked. "Thanks." For a second Siena saw him move closer. But panic seized her and she abruptly turned away.

"Wow, that was great, but um...lets go see another....place." She stuttered. Cole nodded, looking away.

"Yeah sure." He said in a disappointed voice.

Siena nodded as he climbed on his bike, she followed after. As they sped along the one thought that whizzed around in her head was, was he going to kiss me? And the thought that followed was even more confusing.

Did I want him to?