chapter xiii.

chapter thirteen – revelations.

She had to be dreaming.

Josh had been behind the torture that her, Mike, and all of their friends had endured tonight and he didn't look atleast a little bit guilty about it. Hell, he looked ecstatic to see how they were going to react.

Sage couldn't believe it.

Her first ever best friend, the one that had admitted to once having a freaking crush on her last year, had knocked her out! What the hell had she done to him?

Anger bubbled in her chest as Sam and Mike both immediately rushed to untie Chris and Ashley from the chairs as they all stared at Josh in shock. Sage could barely look at Josh as she felt her face starting to ache, a friendly reminder from Josh's earlier knockout punch, as the anger inside of her continued to build.

So, Sage did the one thing that she could think of at that very moment.

She rushed around the table, too fast for Mike to grab the shorter brunette, and immediately punched Josh causing everyone to stop themselves from spitting out their questions.

" How could you? " Sage shouted as she shook out her hand to dull the ache. She stared at Josh in fury as he only grinned at her, it being obvious that he was most likely not all there mentally. She then started hitting his chest out of anger, the tears in her eyes showing the true emotions that she felt. " Fuck you! " She repeated the words after each hit, her voice cracking after a minute from what her best friend had done finally hitting her.

Sensing the soon to be breakdown that could be happening from Sage, Mike quietly walks behind her before grabbing her by the waist and taking her back to behind the table as Josh spat out blood from Sage's earlier punch while laughing loudly.

" Josh. . " Sam, Chris, and Ashley all echo as Mike tries his best to calm down a obviously upset Sage while Josh continues laughing.

" Oh, oh, very good! Every one of you! " Josh's voice is full of glee as everyone watches him in shock. " Got my name! And after all you've been through! Good, good-good-good. I mean how does that feel? "

Sage's heart hammers in her chest as she slowly starts to calm down, Mike's arm wrapped around her helping significantly as they watch Josh quietly.

" Right? How does it feel? Do you enjoy feeling terrorized? " Josh stares straight at Sage for a moment, flashes of him trying to chase after her into the woods coming to his mind as he continues his rant, " Humiliated? I mean, panicked? All those emotions that my sisters got to feel once one year ago! Only guess what? They didn't get to laugh it off! Nope! No no no! They're gone! "

" I don't know if you noticed this, Josh, but none of us are laughing. " Mike spits out, tensing up as he thought about Jessica lost in the mines or her body being lost in the mines.