Athena

Amber's pov:

Throughout the rest of the school day, I had trouble focusing in my classes for two reasons.

One being a non stop wondering if Damien's friends knew about his sister, and if they didn't, then why would I know?

And two would have to be all the constant stares I've been getting from classmates.

At first I was confused.

Did I have something on my face?

Was there some embarrassing rumor going around about me?

Did someone plan on pranking me and everyone knew except me?

But after thinking about it, I realized...

Today at lunch, I sat with the most popular group of friends in the school.

Of course I was getting stares!!!

Although I tried to ignore them, it was pretty uncomfortable knowing that there was someone always watching my every move.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that Netflix show about a guy stalking a girl with a creepy voice over.

Now that's freaky.

Counting down the seconds for the last class to be over, I signed in relief as I picked up my books quickly and dashed out the door to my locker.

Damien wanted to meet up after his boxing practice, so my plan was to head straight home and finish my homework so I wouldn't have to worry about it at all.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited, even though we've hung out before, the ecstatic feeling never went away.

And that being said, I don't think the butterflies have left either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait, wait what if she doesn't remember me? Or she actually doesn't want to see me-...." my blabbering was cut short as Damien covers my mouth with his hand while slightly shaking his head.

"Amber she loves you! When I told you she wanted to see you again I really meant it." With a gentle touch, he takes the stack of books from my hands  whilst shooting me a soft smile.

Last time I was here, I recall Damien's sister talking about how she was obsessed with a certain book. I had the whole series at home since I loved them when I was little, so as a surprise I wanted to give them to her.

"Are you sure? I just hope I'm not getting in the way of you two spending time together. You guys really have such an amazing sibling bond."

At my words, Damien's eyes soften looking down at me, "Amber she sees me all the time. I honestly think she's sick of me by now."

He lets out a small laugh as he lets go of the books with one hand to open the door to his sisters' room for me.

My eyes instantly fall to the young, familiar girl coloring on the small hospital bed.

"Hi Layla." My voice startles her as she looks up quickly from the frankly large coloring book.

Her crayon drops from her hand as a big smile graces her lips.

"Amber!!!" The excitement in her voice was evident as I walked towards her, enveloping her in a friendly hug.

"How are you?" I ask, pulling away as she looks up at me.

"Happy now! I can't believe you came back to visit me." My heart clenches at her words, instantly dismissing all my thoughts of doubt before I entered this room.